Author Topic: Microcar Virgo airfilter casing wanted  (Read 6768 times)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: Microcar Virgo airfilter casing wanted
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 04:19:01 PM »
Dear Bob, Jim and Jean

Thank you for trying to help me understand the system.

I am more confused than ever now as Jean who is also a Global Moderator has five green/gold stars.

Am I right in thinking that the ranking is Newbie, Jr Member, Full Member, Senior Member and Hero Member. What comes after that, Super Hero Member?

What does the star rating denote - Ability to spell correctly?

I can see that the administrator, and Global moderator have a special significance and deserve special star colours.

Is it just me, or are others confused as well?

Chris Thomas
Confused of Surrey

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 04:36:56 PM »
It appears that the star rating is not explained anywhere on the site as far as I can see, I can say that the rating does not indicate ability to spell but rather the amount of time members have to waste! I would have thought the stage that follows Hero member was obvious, its PEEL OWNER!!! :D

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 04:51:13 PM »
Dear Bob

As Global Moderator you have certainly worked hard today, and we have all leaned a lot in the process.

Should there be a corner of the site that explains all this, a bit like the hot topics indicator.

Many thanks Bob

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 07:21:20 PM »
There should be really, it may just be a matter of Jim pressing a button. I will ask him. 
Going back to the Virgo air filter, I just discovered that the paper filter AND the housing are inseperable and disposible! Yes you chuck the whole thing away and buy a new one for £40 plus! Madness! No wonder people are fitting Renault five pans on there cars.
Chris, how are you with identifying pre 1908 cars , I'm putting a couple of pics up on a new thread. Any ideas?