Author Topic: Funtech 50  (Read 4486 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Funtech 50
« on: November 26, 2008, 10:55:17 PM »
 Has anyone out there had much experience with a Funtech 50? I was looking up a Tri Tech Schmitt but accidentally entered Funtech instead & was presented with what looks actually quite interesting. Chances are I might need a (fairly) sensible vehicle for work next year and these seem to getting cheaper as time goes on.....

I couldn't care less about the top speed & such frivolities, but what are they mot'ed as? Tricycle or moped & was the 125 version actually sold here? Four-wheeled versions need not apply.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:10:32 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Funtech 50
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 11:02:06 PM »
Hi Stu pot. Dont know about what they mot as but I had a drive of one that had the 70cc conversion and I have to say I was quite impressed. A very usable little runabout with spares availability. You should get one and with such you could quite easily keep up on a rally road run. Cheers, Bob

nobby

• Just Starting
Re: Funtech 50
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 09:55:40 PM »
Hi Stuart,

I am the proud owner of  a red funtech 50 with a 70cc engine that I took to a few rallies 7 or 8 years ago. It's still going strong, and apart from a few silly faults has been reliable transport. MOT wise it is a trike so it goes to the same garage as my Bug. If you want to know anything else just ask.

Harvey