Author Topic: Mochet Minimalisme sur roues  (Read 27645 times)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Mochet Minimalisme sur roues
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 09:30:54 PM »
nice pic !
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 10:18:04 PM »
Luv this one! Where can i grab one of these???  ::) ::) ::)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 10:57:21 PM »
Yes Chris but we are not talking about your bike, these things must have a little weight to them and some wind resistance too. I wonder if two up pedaling goes faster than one on board pedaling, power to weight ratios and all that stuff.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 09:24:52 AM »
Dear Bob

Purely on the basis that no world record has ever been set by two people pedaling a Mochet Type H velo car I would say NO.

All of the world record attemps have been made with streamlined two wheeled one man machines.

It is a bit like a Tandem, is not quicker than a normal cycle, until you go down a hill.

Do you think the Toure De France would be quicker with Tandems and Velo Cars. I think not!

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 09:44:36 AM »
Dear Chris, I beginning to get the impression that you are not taking my question seriously! :D :D :D

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 01:18:43 PM »
Dear Bob

Do I ever take things seriously

I think that to answer your question you need some willing helpers, a Mochet type H, an unused airstrip and a stop watch.

That way you can get each person to do two runs up and back along the runway over a set distance of say a quarter of a mile, and record the average time. Then do the same with two people and then do the same with the same people on ordinary bicycles.

The resulting times should give you a fair answer to your question.

Now it is just a case of finding the time and the components to do it.

Good luck

Chris Thomas

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2009, 02:06:05 PM »
 But what units shall we be measuring in; miles per hour or coronarys substained per yard?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2009, 03:41:08 PM »
See there you go again, talking about bicycles! I'm not talking about comparisons with bikes or setting speed records, just wondering if an extra person on board and pedaling would move one quicker bearing in mind their added weight. I guess there is no answer as such because it would depend on the strength to weight ratio of the extra person.eg, Mrs Mills would doubtless slow it down where as an Olympic cyclist would make it go faster. Then again the downwards weight of Mrs Mills heavy legs on the pedals may compensate, there is so much to concider! Call me a luni but these things have to be pondered to make life worth living! Chris, am I right in thinking that you are the appointed GLOBAL Rum 100th edition special event organiser? I was thinking, we could stage the experiment down Jeans lane in July. The first run could be taken by myself and say, you Chris, I'm sure you wouldnt mind if its in the interests of science, and the second run by myself and say Marcus, he is slight but wiry, I think satisfactory results would follow. All we need is a Velocar! What do you think?   ps, In no way am I comparing Chris to Mrs Mills in this post, he's just the biggest lad in the team I can think of!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 03:47:03 PM by Bob Purton »

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2009, 05:22:47 PM »
Dear Bob

Thank you for not comparing me to Mrs Mills (The younger element will not know who Mrs Mills was or what she was famous for!!!).

Yes I am the Celebration Weekend Organising committee chair person and general dogs body. Jean is very protective of the lane and what it is used for and whilst I think your idea has legs (?), I think Jean would think otherwise. So the test would need to be done off road where it is safe to undertake such a scientific experiment.

My analogy with bicycles is only made as a direct comparison regarding pedal power rather than engine power and not for any other reason.

I do hope this helps you to get to the bottom of the thorny issue.

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2009, 06:58:17 PM »
Chris, I'm glad you think the idea has legs, I was only pulling yours! For the younger ones, Mrs Mills was a very round and weighty piano player, popular in the late fifties early sixties, a rival to Russ Conway.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2009, 08:27:42 PM »
Dear Bob

The fact that Mrs Mills was a rival Piano player to Russ Conway is a bit like the TV commentator of a snooker match saying " For those watching in black and white the yellow ball is next to the red ball"

Whilst Run Conway liked to play Side Saddle, he was no Cyclist.

Its funny how radio is always more imagenative than TV. I found the same with Black and white TV. Our Bush 9 inch B&W TV had so little contrast you might as well have been listening to the radio.

Those were the days, Bert Weeden, David Nixon, Twizzel, Quatermass, and Barry Bucknall. There is nothing new in this life

Chris (over the hill) Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2009, 08:59:04 PM »
You missed out Muffin the Mule.

Jawmedead

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2009, 08:59:42 PM »
Barry Bucknall.
Chris (over the hill) Thomas

Ah, Barry Bucknall. I used to watch all his programes. It looked good when he had finished the jobs he was doing. But months later things started to fall apart didn't they?

Over the hill? It should be easy now you're coming down this side!  ;D

Jawmedead

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2009, 09:05:57 PM »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2009, 09:57:53 PM »
Thats the chap! I just about remember it.