Author Topic: Not the Merriest Christmas  (Read 3467 times)

mharrell

• Quite Chatty
    • An Accumulation
Not the Merriest Christmas
« on: December 24, 2008, 07:15:54 PM »
The Seattle area has received more snow than usual this year.  I had been trying to keep up with the weight on my temporary garage, but the overnight accumulation was too much-- for reference, both cars in the foreground were free of snow last night.  I was awakened at 6:00 this morning by a loud crash; the structure had collapsed on my KV and the nicer of my two two-stroke SAABs.  I cleared away the snow and cut away the exterior to free the cars to find that the KV had suffered a tear in its roof and the SAAB now has has a large dent in its roof and a smaller one on the left fender.  I am impressed by the unexpected sturdiness of the KV, however, as it was tipped onto its two left wheels when I began the excavation.  I don't think there's any other damage, but it's difficult to say at this point.  Oh, and yes, the garage itself is probably a write-off. 

Mike Harrell

197? Lyman Electric Quad (two), 1978 KV Mini 1, 1980 KV Mini 1, 1981 HMV Freeway

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Not the Merriest Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 08:50:02 PM »
 That's all you need the night before Christmas  :-\  Reminds me of three weeks ago discovering a defunct mouse nest right underneith the Argson, which itself hasn't been uncovered since the Welsh Do back in April. I suppose at some point in the New Year I'm going to have to see if there's still any seat & hood left.  Mind you, I'm so soft with animals, even if the nest was still occupied, I'd have still left it right where it was as I found it   ::)

Any idea yet on when your new Bubblecar Museum KV will get to rub noses with your current KV?   :)

mharrell

• Quite Chatty
    • An Accumulation
Re: Not the Merriest Christmas
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 11:14:32 PM »
Any idea yet on when your new Bubblecar Museum KV will get to rub noses with your current KV?   :)

The shippers are scheduled to retrieve the car from the museum shortly after the New Year's holidays.  The least expensive transportation is by air (!) from London to Seattle, so I hope to have it before the middle of January.  Perhaps its top fabric is in good shape....

Mike Harrell
197? Lyman Electric Quad (two), 1978 KV Mini 1, 1980 KV Mini 1, 1981 HMV Freeway

mharrell

• Quite Chatty
    • An Accumulation
KV has arrived.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 10:49:40 PM »
The KV arrived last week and now holds the distinction of having cleared US Customs twice!  They issued all the paperwork and told me to retrieve it, then changed their minds and "uncleared" it pending further inspection.  Nobody mentioned this until after I had arrived with my trailer, of course.  It was cleared again about six hours later, so it is now at home, uncrated, and parked next to the other one inside a new carport.  Happily the snow is gone, though the temperatures are still chilly.

Mike Harrell

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: KV has arrived.
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 10:56:45 PM »
The KV arrived last week

it is now at home, uncrated, and parked next to the other one inside a new carport. 

Mike Harrell

CONGRATULATIONS & WELL DONE!  How long have we to wait before we see a photo of the pair together?   ;D   :o