Author Topic: Bond Minicar Handstarters  (Read 26310 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Bond Minicar Handstarters
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 09:49:09 PM »
Hi Ray, sorry we all went off on a tangent! I'm still puzzled over your dynastart, I have always found that dynastarts on all the vehicles I have owned over the years have been the strongest most reliable part of the car! You say its fine but something cant be, battery, regulator or dynastart, still its your baby to do as you please with. All the best with it.

rayburrow

• Occasional
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 11:02:43 PM »
Hi Ray, sorry we all went off on a tangent! I'm still puzzled over your dynastart, I have always found that dynastarts on all the vehicles I have owned over the years have been the strongest most reliable part of the car! You say its fine but something cant be, battery, regulator or dynastart, still its your baby to do as you please with. All the best with it.

Bob - what a boring old world it would be without tangents  ;D  Please don't get me wrong!  The Dynastart is fine, and has never let me down, but I have fond memories of yanking the 9e into life and my manufactured excuse in wanting to fit it, is to take the load off the Siba  :)   Right, where are we off to now.......... ;)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 11:21:56 PM »
Ahhh! All is clear now, its a nostalgia thing!

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 08:31:56 AM »
Ok Ray, you want a tangent...why do cats prefer plain crisps?!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 10:02:01 AM »
Right, we are off on a tangent! Funny you should say that Marcus, we have three cats and they all have different preferences, Choc Choc the mongrel prefers plain, Pudding is a British blue medium hair and prefers cheese and onion but Palino the shorthair British blue prefers prawn cocktail as you would expect from a cat! ;)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 05:55:09 PM »
Oh God, what have I started?!

2 strokes or 4?
www.rumcats.org?
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

rayburrow

• Occasional
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 08:57:22 PM »

Because...because.......Oh for heavens sake!  Why do cats prefer plains crisps then?   ::) ::)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 09:30:54 PM »

Funny, our two goes nuts for baked patato with cheese yet woun't look at crisps.....

Jawmedead

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 09:58:21 PM »
Years ago I had a cat called Bubbles and a mouse called Squeak.  

« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 09:02:00 PM by Jawmedead »

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2009, 10:45:51 PM »
That's one of my favourite meals, 'Bubble and Squeak' that is. 
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

rayburrow

• Occasional
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 12:17:48 AM »
I've just tried our cat with plain crisps, and with cheese 'n' onion.   Turned its nose up at both, I guess because neither variety have those interesting green-coloured bladder things from mouse innards, that can be left by the side of the bed ready to be trodden on in the dark   ::)
Just to briefly interrupt this interesting feline conversation  ;D, can anyone remember what protected the hole in the bulkhead that the cable passed through or suggest what could be used, to prevent me sawing the car in half after a few pulls?
Back to the litter tray..... :o

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 09:55:04 AM »
Mine don't really eat crisps, I was just pulling Marcus's leg! About the cable hole, neither of my Mkc or Mkd Bonds had a pull start  so I don't know what was originally used but if I were doing this devolutionary modification myself I would use a piece of phosphor bronze rod, cut a thread on the outside, drill a hole through the centre for the cable to run , pop it in the bulkhead hole the put a nut and spring washer on either side. Your could just use a steel nut and bolt with the centre hole through it , if kept lubricated and bearing in mind it will never be used because you have a perfectly good dynastart it will last forever! We have no holes in our bulkhead but do have big holes in our skirting boards due to our cats laying about belly up eating crisps all day! :D :D :D

rayburrow

• Occasional
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2009, 09:48:12 PM »
Thanks Bob!   I've got some brass rod which should do the trick  :)   But this doesn't let marcus off the hook - Why do cats prefer plain crisps? please!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 10:07:08 PM »
I know brass looks the same but its properties are completely different to phosphor bronze, brass will wear out very quickly where as the bronze will wear much better, that's why its used in bearings, kingpins bushes etc. Do you have access to a lathe?

Jawmedead

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2009, 10:10:18 PM »
Maybe Marcus means 'CATS LIKE PLAIN CRISPS' a four girl 'band' in the 1980s. He must know them!  See here:  http://www.cheesybits.com/cats/index.html