Author Topic: What does this car remind you of?  (Read 6483 times)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: What does this car remind you of?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 08:29:11 AM »
Yet another car paying homage to Fend! But as usual with one oversight: the length and width of that car is really quite big, it looks about as wide and long as many American cars, but it is just a 2 seater. Very stylish and nice, but I bet if it ever goes on sale it will be a rich man's toy!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 12:13:23 PM »
Dear Bob and Marcus

When it was first announced I applied to do the first Road test article for a British Magazine (Rumcar News) and I am still waiting to hear from them.

My intention is that next time I am in Southern California I will call in and get them to agree to a road test for RCN.

Is anybody likely to be in Southern California in the next 12 months???

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 12:40:53 PM »
Errr? No, South Catford but not South California. The thing is Chris, would it be relevant as by its size its clearly not a microcar? All the same, I wouldnt say no to a spin in one! A road test of the Fend would be good though, especially a comparison with a KR. Now come on Chris, lets clear this up once and for all, Honda insight, Six wheeler Hustler, The Aptera, MICROCARS? No, no and err no. Its not right that the Global Rumcar events coordinator doesnt have a microcar, I'm making it my mission to make sure you get yourself one in time for the 100 event and drive it!

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 03:26:03 PM »
Dear Bob

I may need to borrow a Microcar especially for the event. What would you suggest? something old, something new, something ordinary, something rare, Or perhaps something clapped out? what do you think would fit my style!!!

I think Jean has asked me to chair the celebration Weekend meeting as I was untainted by any microcar preferences or demands to get a vehicle restoration finished for the big day. Either that or she wanted a heavyweight to hold the paperwork down.

Chris Thomas

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 03:37:36 PM »
untainted by any microcar preferences

What can he mean?!   ???

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 05:17:54 PM »
Dear Bob

I think I have found a suitable three wheeler to borrow for the event

http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive/2009/01/14-concept-enigma/

What do you think??

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 08:33:42 PM »
What do I think? I think its about time you stopped making excuses and got yourself a proper microcar, something old, its like someone joining a philatelist's club and not having any stamps! ;) ;)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 09:13:02 PM »
Dear Bob

What is wrong with owning a Virtual Microcar? like this one

http://www.carbodydesign.com/download/3d-models/?pageNum_RsResources=0

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 12:07:22 AM »
Whats wrong? Nothing I guess but I do wonder sometimes if many the folk on the forum are genuine microcar enthusiasts or just computer buffs..

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 08:54:38 AM »
Dear Bob

I think what we are both saying is that being a microcar enthusiast takes many forms of which ownership of a microcar is the most prominent expression of that enthusiasm. There must be plenty of Microcar enthusiasts who have never seen the Rumcar forum because they have no interest in using a computer or know of the Register of Unusual Microcars. What we should be doing is embracing all of the interests that make up an enthusiast for Microcars and grow the interst in all it's facets.

I think it is marvelous that there are owners who have the skills to return their vehicles to the original condition and maintain a piece of history for future generations. I also appreciate those who record that history in words and pictures. The fact that somebody does or does not own a microcar is not important, it is their interest and dedication that is more important.

Keep up the good work with your collection and the moderation. Onwards and upwards

Chris Thomas

Jawmedead

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 09:04:00 AM »
In my dictionary Moderator is listed as 'a person who helps people to settle a dispute' It seems to me that Bob starts most of them. Ho Ho.  ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 09:37:09 AM »
I do my best Rob but Chris never takes the bate, anyway he knows I'm pulling his leg and that I wouldnt do it if I didnt like him! These things usually spark a debate, whats your take on it Rob, your a veteran microcar owner/driver, do you have to own a microcar to be a true enthusiast?

Jawmedead

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 07:16:50 PM »
Thanks for not calling me a veteran owner/driver of microcars! True enthusiast meaning  loyal fanatic or fan. Well I was in the 1970s with my collection I suppose. Or just nuts! Now it's just one interest of many that I have.
I don't think you have to own a microcar or any object of your fancy to be an enthusiast. Many people can't afford to own a microcar for instance but they collect books, photographs, models or anything to do with the cars. They go to rallies and join clubs. Most clubs invite you to be a member without owning the cars I believe. An enthusiast is someone who is nutty, a true enthusiast is really nuts!  

« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 08:25:57 PM by Jawmedead »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 12:12:30 AM »
I love the moving image Rob! I didn't mean veteran in the pre 1904 Brighton run qualifying sense, just one with much experience. I guess I'm of the old school from the days when you had to own a Messserschmitt to be aloud to join the MOC. I understand the argument though, I'm a great fan of Louis Bleriot but I don't own a 1909 channel crosser monoplane and don't have a pilots license either.