Author Topic: Groombridge's Yard  (Read 13667 times)

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Groombridge's Yard
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2016, 05:01:44 PM »
Thanks for sharing your pics - I think one of the most frustrating things about digital vs film is knowing that there is so much I would have taken pictures of had photographs been as accessible back then and once these things are gone you can't recapture them. Hope you find a few more things at the dump!
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2016, 05:28:58 PM »
They wouldn't let me take pics when I visited there. All the staff ran scared of the big boss, never known such a paranoid place- it was a very strange experience.
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

Caiptean

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2016, 08:12:06 PM »
John Groombridge was quite helpful when I was allowed to pay a visit many years ago.

Most of the time he was quite coy about these cars to say the least.

Unfortunately I didn't bother to take any photographs but then there wasn't the convenience of small digital cameras back then.

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2016, 10:13:01 PM »
I found him a tricky person to deal with, felt like I was walking on eggshells most of the time. I did manage to get my car after a fashion.

Interestingly I've recently been contacted through this site by the person who has (or had) the original green log book for my Isetta, so if it's still in existence I may finally be able to trace at least some of the history of the car prior to 1983.
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

isetta1

• Just Starting
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2016, 05:10:20 PM »

Found this picture today .. This poor old Ford Pop I tried to buy and mr groombridge agreed to sell it to me for £60 which was a lot at the time as I was still at school unfortunately I could not get someone to transport it for me and it sadly went to the crusher like many of the cars outside..

this is the same spot today where the word 'only' is that is the spot where she was sitting !!!

scorpius

• Occasional
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2016, 07:40:04 PM »
Never heard of the place before , thank you for posting the pics , sad to see all the micros in the graveyard but happy to hear many were rescued