Author Topic: We Brits love talking about the weather  (Read 14464 times)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
We Brits love talking about the weather
« on: February 02, 2009, 02:36:19 PM »
Read the subject, then wonder why has no-one posted yet! Here in Beautiful Downtown Bermondsey, S.E. London we now have about 9"/14mm of snow and it's still falling. My Trojan sits under its tarps with snow drifted up to the windscreen. It has a 10"/16mm (measured) snow cap on its roof, looking like a dodgy haircut on a pro footballer. No planes, no buses, and very little road traffic, so it is amazingly quiet. The few wild birds are chowing down everything we give them like there's no tomorrow, maybe they know something. It's going to be windy tonight as well. The sandwich round did not turn up, so it was the emergency baked beans supply for lunch! The snow is so sticky that it is even covering the almost vertical sides and back of my Transit. Best snow I have ever seen in London
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Jawmedead

Re: We Brits love talking about the weather
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 02:56:41 PM »
It's going to be windy tonight as well. The sandwich round did not turn up, so it was the emergency baked beans supply for lunch!
  I'm not surprised!   :o ;D

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 03:06:48 PM »
I remember last year we had a series of posts with photos of micros in the snow.  Where is your photo of this current event Marcus? ::)
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Jawmedead

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 03:25:53 PM »
HERE'S ONE.  ;D

AND THE ONE FROM LAST YEAR, C.1976

I used to take photos in the dark for some reason with old cameras.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 04:40:42 PM by Jawmedead »

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 03:44:21 PM »
 My vehicles are all indoors in the warm for the duration, along with the cats, but here's the view from the ICR HQ's windows at 3:30pm today....

The sheds...

The Martin...

...and Dad's latest acquisition.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 03:46:00 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 03:57:58 PM »
I remember last year we had a series of posts with photos of micros in the snow.  Where is your photo of this current event Marcus? ::)
My photos are on my phone, and bearing in mind the fact that almost NO two items bearing any relation to computers/internet are ever compatible...how long do you think it will take me to get my phone to agree to work with my almost new mac, and then for the mac to agree to attach the pics?!
I do remember last years pix of micros in the snow

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 04:13:08 PM »

My photos are on my phone

easiest way is to EMAIL them to yourself from the phone, then they show up on the computer.
some phones/service providers make it extremely difficult to get your stuff off your phone any other way.
In the States, you could have a Motorola RZR and you could get the pics off it with one provider (Cingular), the other provider would not allow it! (Verizon)
don't know how it works in the UK.

meantime, here are 3 micros in the snow, can you ID them all?

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 04:58:39 PM »
Here goes..(from left to right) Isetta, Zagato Elcar, Fiat 500...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 05:28:24 PM by blob »

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 05:08:50 PM »
Jim, that sounds fine in theory, but to email them to myself I would have to put them on my old pc. This is happy with my phone, and my scanner, but refuses to go on internet! Like I said, no 2 pieces-of-anything-like-computer-equipment will ever agree to be compatible! My Dad's old Hi-Fi amp was made in England in the mid 50s. It has a fantastic warm sound and plays records, then he a few years later it worked with his new radio. Then we added a cassette deck, then a reel to reel tape deck, then a CD player, then MP3. As computer twats had no part in its design it works flawlessly with equipment invented over half a century after it was made!
Back to subject, the one on the right looks like a Prinz?

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 09:21:35 PM »
A few shots from 'Groombridge's Yard Scotland' on a nice winters day  ;)

Jawmedead

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 09:44:49 PM »

I didn't know they had a branch up there!  ;D

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 09:46:06 PM »
A few shots from 'Groombridge's Yard Scotland' on a nice winters day  ;)

;D  Now all we need is a shot of a Gordon in the snow & the day shall be compete!   ;D

Really, when one thinks about it Bob, there's more than a few similarities between old Groombridge & our Grant. Neither of them can/could bring themselves to thin out their collections of micros, so the pile just grows & grows....   ;D  ;)  :-* 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 09:51:40 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 11:01:42 PM »
The weather is playing havoc with the restoring, I painted my Nobel pedal box yesterday afternoon, I just battled my way through the snow down to the workshop to have a look and the paint is still wet!

Stuart, I didnt know you appreciated 50/60's instrumentals? Here is a list of what we do, Walk don't run, Apache, FBI, Kontiki, Man of mystery, Frightened city, Fingle Blunt, The stranger, Shindig, Theme for young lovers, Midnight, Foot tapper, shadoogie, Peacepipe, The Savage, Dance on, Shazam. We gave up on Wonderful land and Atlantis because they sound a bit thin without the strings and the french horns! 

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 09:41:54 AM »
What a lame, incomplete set list! Wot, no Wipe Out, no Dance with the Devil? Shame on you Bob!

Jawmedead

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 12:06:06 PM »
 ;D  Now all we need is a shot of a Gordon in the snow & the day shall be compete!   ;D

This is the best i can do Stuart.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 12:09:42 PM by Jawmedead »