Author Topic: We Brits love talking about the weather  (Read 14435 times)

Jawmedead

Re: We Brits love talking about the weather
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2009, 11:45:26 AM »
From DVLA web site ----  Motorcycles and Tricycles
There are separate provisions for motorcycles and tricycles. Basically motorcycles
registered after 1.9.2001 must only display a number plate at the rear of the vehicle.
Motorcycles registered before 1.9.2001 can display a number plate at the front but are
not required to.
Tricycles derived from four wheeled bodies i.e. saloon cars must meet the normal
requirements above whereas tricycles derived from motorcycles must meet the
requirements for motorcycles.

The 'elf and saftey brigade said "pedestrians would be sliced up with the front number plate on motorcycles so lets take them off".
This also means those great threewheeler trikes and not bubblecars that have a flat facing plate as far as I can make out.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2009, 12:15:05 PM »
 As I said earlier, My vehicles are all indoors in the warm for the duration....   :)

« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 12:18:49 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2009, 01:20:18 PM »
Well well!! I need'nt have drilled the two holes in the front of my schmitt then, I just assumed that the schmitters without a front plate were running the guantlet!

Stuart, I suppose you sit in that eating your sausages watching the telly!

Jawmedead

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2009, 02:17:39 PM »
My vehicles are all indoors in the warm for the duration....   :)

I bet your Mum was out when you did that! ;D

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2009, 12:00:46 PM »
Well The Lake Disrict was mild and very sunny, I was seriously over-dressed. Lots of snow and sleet blizzards, but as we headed North it got better. Hoodavthortit! On the tube I saw the Peel feature in Metro and was going to scan and post it today, but now I see I do not need to. I have a spare copy if anyone wants it
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Jawmedead

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2009, 03:03:53 PM »
Reading the title of this thread brought back memories of a chap who ran one of our local newsagents back in the late 1970s. It didn't matter what time of day or week of the year his opening words on entering his shop were, "Change again? It'll come allright in the end" This went to every customer he served. If you called back in 20 minutes it was the same opener. A great guy, great times. :D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 03:14:27 PM by Jawmedead »

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2009, 02:46:53 PM »
Just 6 days after 10"/25cm of snow, and London at a standstill today is sunny dry and warm, perfect to get the covers off my Trojan to air it out. It is not MOTd at present, so the next best thing to do with my after lunch coffee is to sit in strumming away on my favourite tenor ukulele, with the best acoustic that the world offers, clever people those Heinkel designers!

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2009, 03:37:53 PM »
Meanwhile those poor Aussies are having terrible bush fires

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2009, 06:06:55 PM »
Today was so sunny and warm, I was able to take the covers off DUF, then sit on the bench outside to eat my lunch. Shoes and socks off, sandals on, then an after-lunch coffee in the Trojan, strumming my ukulele and working on a new tune, Annie the cat sitting beside me (she LOVES being in the bubble). Also, after a long wait I finally got paid today, HOORAY, so I have cleared loads of bills, and have a bottle of McKewan's Champion Ale (7.3%, and VERY nice!) cooling down for later.
Musicians among you might like to know that Ukuleles (especially the slightly bigger tenor ones) sound lovely in a Heinkel/Trojan, a rich, warm tone, loud and fairly close/intimate, but not claustrophobic - because of plenty of space and "reflective" glass and plastic. Also the width is comfortable, even for guitars. All that AND hydraulic brakes for when you get carried away with fast fretwork. Singing, or in my case "singing" is also nice.

Who designed the Kabine? Was he/she/they a musician?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2009, 06:45:58 PM »
Marcus, you are in good company, both Joe Brown and George Harrison, both keen Uke players but I dont think they played in bubblecars.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2009, 07:19:37 PM »
Yeah, well what do THEY know about anything?!

Actually, G.H. was good on uke, and a very keen member of the George Formby Society, so this thread is now going to be re-named "Here comes the Sun...hehe Turned out nice again, inti?"

BTW, speaking of GH and ukes, (and you being a git, a git, whoops, I mean guitarist !) you really HAVE to watch this on you tube:

"While my Guitar Gently Weeps" played by (get ready for this...)  JAKE SHIMABUKURO. There are several clips, of him doing this, so select the one where he is playing solo in Central Park, New York, sitting under a leafy canopy. Suggest you put a cushion on the floor.

You'll need it when your jaw drops. He is one of my more promising students ...