Author Topic: "More Microcars" by Tony Marshall  (Read 5450 times)

Trident

• Quite Chatty
"More Microcars" by Tony Marshall
« on: September 23, 2006, 10:41:45 AM »
I have noticed on Amazon books that Tony's book "More Microcars" now has a red Peel P50 on the front cover instead of Gordon's blue one.
Is this a new reprint of the same book? Can you shed some light please Tony?

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
Re: "More Microcars" by Tony Marshall
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 11:14:44 AM »
Hi Trident, as far as i know is this an early version. The book with the blue P 50 and Gordon on front cover is the latest. Im not sure a 100%
Regards
Peelpower

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 05:23:06 PM »
BEWARE THESE COPIES OF THIS BOOK.  This is NOT a genuine cover for this book. Amazon is not stocking this these books they are other supplies selling them.   I have checked with Rum Cars Bookshop suppliers Foyles and this book is out of print and there are no reprints in the pipe line.  The only cover that has ever been used by Suttons is that showing Gordon Fitzgerald in his blue P50 with the door open.  I am trying to contact Amazon and Suttons to find out what is going on.  When I do I will report again to the forum.  In the meantime don't forget that you can get any book you wish if it is print from Foyles via our Bookshop.  Just let me have the full title and ISB no as well if you know it and provided it is current stock you would get it within two or three days.  Postage on top of book price is £1.50, and they can obtain reference books or fiction and also give RUMCARS a bonus for any work we put their way.  So please support them and a in a roundabout way support us.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Trident

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 12:56:55 PM »
Thats very interesting as one of the sellers says it is a Haynes publication 2002 reprint.
Several suppliers are offering it for about £8.70
Surely there must be a copyright infringement here.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 06:35:05 PM »
Trident Did you ask the seller to describe the book they are offering.  I have been speaking today to Suttons and they assure me they only ever had a cover with a blue car on it.  They are assuming that Amazon are using an early mock-up sent to them prior to publication of the first issue which did show a red car but that cover was never used when it finally went to print or when it was re-printed.  If you have seen a copy and it has a red cover please let me know because Suttons will be most interested.  I notice they are the cheap end of the market the prices being asked in the States are fantastic, Tony will be most flatterred.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Bambyman

• Occasional
    • Manx Transport Museum Group
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 11:14:48 PM »
Don't say anything if you have Gordon on the front!!! In 40 years it could be worth 34 thousand on a dodgy ebay auction. Unless someone makes replicars for 8 thousand...ha haa

Sorry little bit inebriated, hope you see the funny side, hic hic%^*@: hic

robbie2flippers

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 10:42:17 AM »
Thats very interesting as one of the sellers says it is a Haynes publication 2002 reprint.
Several suppliers are offering it for about £8.70
Surely there must be a copyright infringement here.
Hi,  Nothing funny going on here. Haynes now own Suttons. They were bought out in 2000. Checked it out on Suttons Web site.