Author Topic: KV Mini 1 and KV Mini 1  (Read 4015 times)

mharrell

• Quite Chatty
    • An Accumulation
KV Mini 1 and KV Mini 1
« on: February 04, 2009, 10:18:11 PM »
Offered for your inspection is the world's largest KV Mini 1 collection [SAAB 96 for scale].  It would delight me to be proven wrong with evidence of a greater accumulation elsewhere:

The one with racing stripes is from the recent auction at the Bubble Car Museum; I haven't yet determined whether they make it go faster.

Furthermore, since I've heard the British have some sort of obsession with number plates, I'll demonstrate my US approach in the spirit of completely missing the point.
It doesn't preserve the French registration (too many characters for Washington), but at least it provides a certain transparency:

Yes, it looks better without the new plate; yes, the new plate is required by state law.  So be it.

Mike Harrell
197? Lyman Electric Quad (two), 1978 KV Mini 1, 1980 KV Mini 1, 1981 HMV Freeway

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: KV Mini 1 and KV Mini 1
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 10:23:29 PM »
Over here when we gather in marquees like that it's usually for a wedding. Are you expecting progeny from that happy couple?
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: KV Mini 1 and KV Mini 1
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 11:31:21 PM »

Furthermore, since I've heard the British have some sort of obsession with number plates, I'll demonstrate my US approach in the spirit of completely missing the point.

Obsessed with number plates? Whoever can he be talking about?!  8)  As the RUM's Number One plate buff around here, I say jolly well done, bravo, much applause etc. etc for that plate & position! I like it, I like it.  ;D  Style through & through.  8)   
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 11:33:00 PM by Stuart Cyphus »