Author Topic: Goggomobil - rebuild - parts required  (Read 7750 times)

Goggo-Rennauto

• Just Starting
Goggomobil - rebuild - parts required
« on: March 03, 2009, 01:31:31 PM »
Hello,

Has anyone got any good condition exterior trim (all lights, badges, hub caps, and a steeering wheel!) for a Goggomobil T250/T300?

Some white wall tyres 440x10 and spoked wheel trims would be nice - does anyone know a supplier??

Floor pan sections and cill sections also required - more urgently.

No doubt there will be more parts required once I get properly stuck in - any help or leads gratefully received???

Stuart

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Goggomobil - rebuild - parts required
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 02:39:21 PM »

Goggo-Rennauto

• Just Starting
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 07:30:33 PM »
I now have a catalogue from Uwe and very good it is too...

... however because of the euro exchange rate and the very poor state of my project car I desperately need some cheaper uk spare parts - otherwise my Goggo may well become a Gonno!

I need:  chassis most parts, a steering wheel, good badges, headlight rims and a lens, rear lights, new tyres (white wall or not), an exhaust, a speedo bezzel, a battery, plugs n leads, a miracle, etc, etc.

Any assistance would be very gratefully recieved - what have you got ???

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 08:08:34 PM »
I think your best bet is eBay.de Ok you'll have to deal with the € but British GoGGo bits are a little thin on the ground.

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 10:26:52 AM »
Hi Stuart

The chance of you getting your parts from the UK are pretty slim, I have a few parts, obtained from Germany for my goggomobil's, did you get your car from Big Al - I know that he had a car for sale about 3 month's ago. The Uk cars were Imported between 1956 - 59 they were very expensive and were killed of by te Mini which was £50 cheaper then the salon and £150 cheaper than the Coupe.

Your best bet is to look at an unrestored car from Germany and transpose your RHD parts onto it. I get most of my parts from Uwe in Germany and can vouch for the quality of the parts - his Exhausts and tyres are very cheap compared to UK prices an Exhust is only 150 Euro, you can't restore a car for nothing nowdays,

Mike

Goggo-Rennauto

• Just Starting
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 07:25:30 PM »
Thanks guys,

Good idea about German e-bay - I can translate through my new discovery the babel fish translator - it's great.

Yes the car came from big Al - nice guy, who I hope may come up with some spares also.

Uwe's company seems very professional - but a tad pricey - exhausts are now £210, white wall tyres £115 each!!! a headlight £100 etc.

If you do hear about anything let me know - heinzhome57@hotmail.com

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 07:37:12 PM »
You can still find headlights on eBay for a few quid, though most German vendors prefer bank transfers instead of Paypal. I got loads of Fuldamobil bits via Germany using translation software, so you're on the right track.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 12:00:20 PM by blob »

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 09:13:58 PM »
Yes the car came from big Al - nice guy

...and here we have a photo of the very car, taken by yours truly on New Years Day during my BUMS initiation ceremony & having first circumnavigated Tink & Gootch the Dalmations....   ;D

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 09:45:45 PM »
Aha, Alan's yard !
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 09:57:27 PM »
 No point getting too excited mind Marcus, tis all gone now!  :'(

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 10:32:15 PM »
I know that, I just recognised the Saab !
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 12:57:22 AM »
Yes the car came from big Al - nice guy

...and here we have a photo of the very car, taken by yours truly on New Years Day during my BUMS initiation ceremony & having first circumnavigated Tink & Gootch the Dalmations....   ;D

Is that yours now Stuart??? Blimey its lots of work for you mate  ???

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 04:18:40 PM »
Hi Stuart
               I thought you would have asked me what spares I have that would suit your car - I have had my goggs for 5+ years, and am assembling a Goggo Dart that came from Australia - I have also got a Goggo coupe and a Saloon.

It might take me a while to sort out the parts you want for your car - but I have 2 complete 250cc engines but no 300cc engines.

My E-Mail address is Mike_Microman@Yahoo.com
                                                                                                                                                                           Mike

Goggo-Rennauto

• Just Starting
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 01:00:08 PM »
Yes that is my Goggo!!!

Now I have it, and on consideration of its condition I am thinking about building a Dart with one of the modern microcar bodies - but I still need parts and this is subject to rescuing the floorpan which I hope is just about savageable.

I hope this isn't letting the side down, at least it will keep it on the road, albeit in a different form.

Mike - I'll be in touch...

Stuart