Author Topic: HM Freeway 35th Anniversary meet  (Read 7293 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: HM Freeway 35th Anniversary meet
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2015, 02:21:47 PM »
Oh yeh, I forgot about all that suspension modification stuff. Surprised Steven hasnt chipped in on this one.

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2015, 09:24:24 PM »
LOL not offended at all, i was actually having a giggle to myself about all the discussion of the Drone and not a mention of the cars. This was only a short snippet of a 1-2 day long event.
If you can imagine a single make vehicle meet in Uk, how many cars turn up? A small state in the USA is the size of the UK. Plus i think there were 700 cars made, so Al may be correct in his 100 left, so 10% may be about right.

Plus i know of 3 Freeways here in the UK.

I need to stop buying!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2015, 11:46:07 PM »
Am I allowed to say that 10% turnout of clubs is nigh on unheard of in the UK these days. But it was the quote, and remains so, where folk are motivated to do something. Below 5% and you have a problem looming if clubbing is about action.
What the % is in America, I could not say. It must be less simply due to logistics/distance. For Germany, a for instance. 150 Schmitts on the run, 1,500 schmitters in Germany and surrounding hinterland. Sounds about right.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs