Author Topic: Mk I scoota exhaust  (Read 7662 times)

adi

• Quite Chatty
Re: Mk I scoota exhaust
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 07:37:27 PM »
Hmm...this is the thing i dont understand.

The air has to come from somewhere, to blow through the heater box, and then into the schassis.

Otherwise there would be no air flow, because as hot air rises from the heater box, where would the new cold air come from to replace it?

In every other aircooled engine set up iv seen, there is air being forced into the heater box from the engine cooling fan, and therefore blows out of the other side.

Hot air in itself DOES rise, but if the the heater box only has that one stub of pipe on one side, i fail to see how there is anything more then a neglegeble amount of airflow.

Jawmedead

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 07:40:04 PM »
How many 1950/60s microcars had/have a heating system?

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 07:58:54 PM »
Heinkel/Trojans do, but I heard you can get fumes from them, and when I bought my car those bits were missing, so I never bothered to obtain any. I have been out many times in almost freezing weather, and appropriately dressed, I was fine, and within 10 mins the car is adequately warm.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009, 08:08:18 PM »
Don't forget Fram King Fuldas.

karonut

• Occasional
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 08:15:52 PM »
Don't forget that the Messerschmitt had a fan assisted heater and the early cars had a separate take pipe for the passenger.

The heater pipe can be deflected on to the windsreen for a demister and it is realy cold you could shove it up your trouser leg!
1960 Messerschmitt KR200, 1957 Messerschmitt KR200, 1961 Messerschmitt KR200 Sport.