Sulky
« on: October 03, 2006, 04:53:35 PM »
Sulky 3 wheeler on ebay.co.uk item: 290035543812

barchetta

• Chatty
  • ready for a road run summer 2006
Re: Sulky
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 06:00:07 PM »
I'll have a go for it, I've allways been a four wheel type , this will be interesting!
Fiat 500L ,Motobecane 40T & 51V ,Victoria Vicky 117,Trojan Mini-motor,, Honda p50 ,PC50 and NF75, BSA Bantam D10,Raleigh Wisp,Raleigh RM4 ,Garelli Katia and Eurika,

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 04:24:48 PM »
I concidered it myself, but then came the events of Friday night.... (see mini-comtesse chapter elsewhere)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 04:27:17 PM »
Just thought of this extra bit as I pressed the post button. Would this Sulky have been the one that was once owned by Terry Stanhope of Yorkshire in the early/mid 1980s? Or would that be your one Jean?, as yours was found in a scrapyard in Gainsborough about then was it not?  ???

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 06:16:45 PM »
Sadly, our Sulky came from the scrapyard in Gainsborough without any documentation at all so your guess is as good as mine.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 01:09:20 AM »
Ah, Terry Stanhope!  That name brings back a few memories.  There was I, busy campaigning my AC Model 67 Acedes around the microcar show circuit in the early nineties when this chap sidled up to me at a show and whispered conspiratorially "Do you want another one of those?" 

Well, does a fat dog pass wind?  Does the Pope s**t in the woods?  "Tell me more, my new best friend!"  It turned out that Terry had befriended someone at the firm in Leeds which had the contract for repairing Model 70s.  The word on the streets was that these marvellous machines were heading for the scrappy in line with Government (boo, hiss!) policy and, instead of following orders, the lads at the garage were selling the Model 70s to our friend.  By the time I got to him, he had one left and this had clearly had a hard life with large lumps missing from the rear quarters.  Not, however, as hard a life as the rest of his stock which had fallen into the hands of some local banger yobs!

Anyway, I left his yard in Arthington (where? precisely!) with the AC on my trailer and collected a Raleigh Wisp from a bus driver in Leeds on the way home, a swap for a Velosolex.  I'm still trying to work out who got the better end of the deal.  I still have the Wisp!

I remember seeing the Sulky there, looking like the rats had had a go at it.  Perhaps this is what led me to concentrate (mainly) on fibreglass cars!  I hope it went to a good home.  I was recently offered the chance of a Sulky somewhere "oop North" but the recent purchase of a Ligier from France has just about filled my storage space.  If I remember where the lead came from, I'll post it.

Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

Red

• Just Starting
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 05:43:09 PM »
Hi , I brought the Sulky from Ebay,and would like to know if anyone who might know anything about the car lives anywhere near Tiverton Devon or someone who may have a repair book of some sort. Thankyou .

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 04:06:19 PM »
We would love to welcome you on to the Register, please down load a form from the Home page of this website.  I am afraid there are not many Sulkys in GB but we will help you as much as we can.  Jean
Jean

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 12:48:12 PM »
We have a Sulky in our collection and I do have one or two bits and pieces like an owners manual and parts list  ( in French I think).  It would be nice to have your Sulky in the Registerthen we can see how we can help you further.  Look forwrd to hearing from you.  Jean
Jean

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 10:29:05 AM »
Hi,
 another Sulky spotted on Ebay.de item no.250046469265
Cheers