Author Topic: How extravagant is your life style ?  (Read 2118 times)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
How extravagant is your life style ?
« on: May 12, 2009, 03:44:34 PM »
Now this might not seem to be about micro cars, but if you do drive one regularly, and if you cycle or use public transport regularly you can expect a reasonable score.
On the website below you can create an avatar for yourself and answer various questions about your home, car, diet, possessions etc., then at the end you get a number which tells you how many Earths it would take to sustain the world's population at your standard of living. It takes about 5 minutes, is quite fun, and very interesting. It's new, and at present you can only choose America or Australia as your home. Choose Aus, because there a some extra choices e.g. for cyclists. I saw this on a drum forum, and have posted it on a ukulele forum. Most Europeans get 2.5 to 5, Americans are more around 5-8. I have a pretty modest diet and life-style, cycle a lot, or use the Trojan which is very economical, and when I do drive it is almost always with others, and yes I am a veggie which helps hugely. I suggest you click on the bottom half of the pics for the more detailed breakdown. Strongly recommended!

www.footprintnetwork.org/en/index.php/GFN/page/caculators/
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: How extravagant is your life style ?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 06:03:46 PM »
Dear Marcus

According to that I have a 1.6 rating which I find difficult to believe. Also the questions are rather too global. But Interesting none the less.

Chris T

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: How extravagant is your life style ?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 06:07:29 PM »
Well done Chris, I also got 1.6, one other I saw got 1.7 but most are above 3. It's not very thorough or scientific, but it does make you think!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face