Author Topic: Rumcar Celebration Weekend.  (Read 16661 times)

Jawmedead

Rumcar Celebration Weekend.
« on: April 28, 2009, 04:32:29 PM »
Looking at the Weekend Website and the cars registered to attend I can see an alphabet of vehicles forming. It is not full though.
Where are the cars with initials C - G - H - J - K - O - Q - R - U - X - Y and Z ?
Come on Guys, where are your cars ?

What cars are needed to fill the list ?

Oh, doesn't  Velorex come before WMC Bug ?  ???
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 09:59:57 PM by Jawmedead »

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: Rumcar Celebration Weekend.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 05:00:45 PM »
Dear Rob

Thank you for your observations, lighteningly quick as usual.

Yes you are correct V does come before W. I will have a word with our web master.

How is the Gordon coming along?

Chris Thomas

Jawmedead

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 07:13:48 PM »
Dear Chris,

Since you last saw the Gordon I have dismantled it for the last time. Panels are being bashed into proper shape and all the boring filling and cleaning up jobs being done prior to painting.

It should be back at School House Farm in July ready for the Celebrations.

Rob D.  ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 08:06:05 PM »
Thats good news Rob, I take it that you got the welding done then? That will be cars beguining with "G" covered. Look forward to seeing it and there will be some Tunnocks in it for you.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 08:08:50 PM by Bob Purton »

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 08:53:47 PM »
Great news about Gordon, pity I will not be there to see it
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 10:05:20 PM »

Where are the cars with initials C - G - H - J - K - Q - R - U - X - Y and Z ?

Ah Bob, you could say that the Gordon also covers R, U, X, Y & Z as I've heard you calling it a "Ruddy Unmentionable X-Y-Z-ing THING" before now.  Usulaly when one skillfully crafted part was found to be an exact non-fit to the other skillfully crafted part.....  Such as the front bit of the car to the middle bit of the car. The middle bit of the car to the back bit of the car and the top bit of the car to the bottom bit of the car!     ;) ;D :-*
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 10:12:39 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Jawmedead

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 09:26:02 AM »

I take it that you got the welding done then? That will be cars beguining with "G" covered.

Bob,

The welding was finished by another neighbour, a retired welder.

The Gordon is a part of the Hammond Collection, so we still need a "G" car to be represented in the vehicles registered to attend the Celebration Weekend.  ;D

Marcus,

BOO, for not coming.  >:(

Stuart,

This is what I like about old vehicles. You can bash them into shape with a hammer, a screwdriver and only one spanner. None of this electronic wizardry of today. ::)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 09:39:15 AM by Jawmedead »

Jawmedead

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 01:36:15 PM »
I see on the website that Andy Carter is bringing a Peel P 50 (ex Cyril Cannell). I know this is a special vehicle but wouldn't it be great to also have EME 583B, THE most famous P50 in the world in attendance?  ;D

tavid

• Occasional
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 08:35:46 PM »
a Peel P 50 (ex Cyril Cannell)

What do we know about this car?

David

Jawmedead

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 10:13:32 PM »

Where are the cars with initials C - G - H - J - K - O - Q - R - U - X - Y and Z ?
Come on Guys, where are your cars ?
What cars are needed to fill the list ?

As no one has put forward any named cars, here is my list of likely entrants.

Coronet, Goggomobile, Heinkel, Kleinschnittger, Opperman (Unicar), Quasar, Rytecraft, UMAP, Zundapp.      X and Y are more difficult. Any ideas?

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 10:47:50 PM »
 Me personally I'd leave the space for "car-X" empty on the line in homage to all those really rare micros now belived extinct, such as the Rodley, EEC Workers Playtime or Peel Manxcar, or worse, those cars now long-gone upon which the camera was never turned in the first place.....

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 10:56:27 PM »
I'm not bothered what letter they begin with but I would like to see the following in attendance. BSA Ladybird, Kleinschnittger, Bonallack minow, Rolux baby, Spatz victoria, any Brutsch cars, Opperman Unicar, Astra van, Mochet, Goggo Dart, Bond MkA/B minicar , Mk2 Scootacar, Rytecraft Scootercar, Zundap Janus etc, etc, This is the register of unusual microcars, lets have some at the event pleeeeease! All of the above mentioned cars and many more exist in the uk, how enthusiastic are the so called enthusiast owners if they cant be bothered to get them out and bring then to the event? Come on, lets be having you!!

Jawmedead

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 11:10:20 PM »
All of the cars and many more exist in the uk, how enthusiastic are the so called enthusiast owners if they cant be bothered to get them out and bring then to the event? Come on, lets be having you!!

One of the reasons people are not sending in their applications is that they don't know about the Celebration.  There are many that don't look at this Forum or take Rumcar News.

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 12:15:12 AM »
I'm not bothered what letter they begin with but I would like to see the following in attendance. BSA Ladybird, Kleinschnittger, Bonallack minow, Rolux baby, Spatz victoria, any Brutsch cars, Opperman Unicar, Astra van, Mochet, Goggo Dart, Bond MkA/B minicar , Mk2 Scootacar, Rytecraft Scootercar, Zundap Janus etc, etc, This is the register of unusual microcars, lets have some at the event pleeeeease! All of the above mentioned cars and many more exist in the uk, how enthusiastic are the so called enthusiast owners if they cant be bothered to get them out and bring then to the event? Come on, lets be having you!!

Great whishes Bob. Rare cars in your list. Hope you'll see them at Jeans.
Would like to turn up to meet you at the farm.
Take care

« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 12:17:14 AM by Peelpower »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 08:44:09 AM »
Thanks Ferdi, It would be nice to meet you too. If the Celebration has been advertised in all the mainstream microcar club mags I cant see how these owners do not know about it, some will be going to the MOC Rally of course and others may be away on Holiday as its peek season but I maintain that its lack of interest thats keeping a lot of these rare beasties in the shed, unloved and unseen by those more enthusiastic.