Author Topic: Hello all...  (Read 9078 times)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Hello all...
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 09:04:37 AM »
Hello Phil, and welcome in. Small world innit?!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 10:50:50 AM »
.... the old invacar depot....     so I will stick my head around the door and ask for all the old siba black boxes.

Too late, the ICR has already been there & there's nowt left....    8)  Bear in mind also that there were very few Villiers machines left in service into the mid 1990s, certainly less than 100 in the whole country at that time, so those repairers in areas which didn't have a Villiers vehicle in their catchment area would not have bothered keeping ANY Villiers spares at all even at that time. Whilst those that DID have a two-stroke on their books would only have kept a skelition parts stock for it anyway. So in reality, the Villiers spares stock was actully long gone a long time ago.

Also, a repairer was not actully permitted to keep vast stocks of large, expencive items such as black boxes, gearboxes etc, they may have had a float of two or three, but the legend of repairers holding hundreds of black boxes etc. is just another of those half-baked legends doing the rounds.  The only place that actully did hold parts in that quanity was the Central Store at Heywood, from which the repairers had to order whenever such parts were needed, purpously to stop the repaieres being pestered by folk thinking they were a cheap source of expencive parts. Heywood was cleared of all Villiers items in 1996, so you can work out the timescale for yourself......
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 11:05:23 AM by Stuart Cyphus »

Jawmedead

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 11:08:37 AM »
So now you know. Leave the ferreting to the expert.  ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 12:07:15 PM »
Hi Rob, friendly as ever! ;) It was a joke! I do however remember being invited to remove a free invacar from the Benfleet depot by Julian Nowell in the mid 1990's, legally or not I'm not sure but as I would rather own a two headed duck I passed it up.

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 12:46:05 PM »
I will stick my head around the door and ask for all the old siba black boxes

Don't forget to list them as 'Messerschmitt'

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 12:49:58 PM »
 I wanna see the "Messerschmitt" two-headed duck.....    :o

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 12:54:58 PM »
I'm concidering completely dismantling my KR200 and selling all the pieces individually, do you think it would come to more the the current car value?   Blob, Perry, are you coming to Battlesbridge sunday week?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 01:00:03 PM »
Hi Stuart, There is a one headed duck badge on the front, the two headed badges are very rare! I will see what I can do.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2009, 01:08:29 PM »
I wanna see the "Messerschmitt" two-headed duck.....    :o

Don't look now, but I think I've just described a tg500.....   (Cue mass "ooooh's" from the crowd)    ;D ;) :-* :D