Author Topic: Frisky Sports and Family Three on Ebay  (Read 7380 times)

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
Frisky Sports and Family Three on Ebay
« on: May 30, 2009, 02:08:01 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220424507433

Here we go again same contents different wrapping, Whilst these may well be of use to someone already restoring a Frisky they are not as parts related to each other, the chassis is on the register and has a chassis no showing it is a 1959 Family Three chassis but to the best of my knowledge there are no documents that would support a registration number.  If you want to have a chat before making an offer just give me a bell  or email me on john.meadows1898@btinternet.com

John

microcarlot

• Occasional
  • Vespa 400 nut from TN
    • Microcarlot
Re: Frisky Sports and Family Three on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 04:02:55 PM »
John

Is this the same car that is on ebay now?  What can you tell me about the car? What did they have for motor? I am in USA and interested in restoring one. 

Larry Newberry
www.microcarlot.com
865 300-3599

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 04:31:19 PM »
Is this the same car that is on ebay now?

Where?

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 05:38:59 PM »
Hmm, listening has been removed already. Seems someone grabbed it  >:(

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 05:50:44 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220424507433

Here we go again same contents different wrapping, Whilst these may well be of use to someone already restoring a Frisky they are not as parts related to each other, the chassis is on the register and has a chassis no showing it is a 1959 Family Three chassis but to the best of my knowledge there are no documents that would support a registration number.  If you want to have a chat before making an offer just give me a bell  or email me on john.meadows1898@btinternet.com

John

I can't see what it's like since it has been removed...
Did you sell it, or did you jsut remove the advert? Since
I can't see it, I can't tell what condition it's in... Is it in bad condition, like my Nobel?
If so, I may be interested, because I have been looking for a second car that I can restore after the Nobel. ( Yes, I'm getting like my dad, wanting to restore cars ;) )
Otherwise, anyone else got a dead frisky for me?

Jonathan
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

microcarlot

• Occasional
  • Vespa 400 nut from TN
    • Microcarlot
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 07:58:52 PM »
Car is not on auction but a buy it now for just under 1000. A dealer has it. He emailed me this morning about shipping cost. Not sure if he pulled ad or it just ran out of time.  I think he still has it.   What can you tell me about Friskys? What engine did they have?  There are just none of them here in US.

Larry

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 08:25:11 PM »
I think the Frisky Sport and F3 bodyshell are the ones being sold by our old buddy the Land Rover dealer from Leicestershire/Lincolnshire. Seems that the Sport is part complete and looks to have a new front and is fitted with an unspecified modern twist and go engine. The chassis could have come from the F3 which is not much more than a bodyshell like so many others lying about without a chassis. The price was £1,650 for 'the pair' did want to split. I wonder why! So pretty much a pre-buggered incomplete car and a bodyshell. Exactly in the condition you do not want to buy especially if you have not done such a restoration before. No actual ID either but a dating letter from what I can make out. Might be an exporters problem as that is not suitable for many countries. Sounds like £750 worth to me and only then to someone who wants to do it, otherwise £500 to stash in the hope of finding most of the missing parts over time.
Comes up on archived sales ads, classicandcars site if you can be bothered to search.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

microcarlot

• Occasional
  • Vespa 400 nut from TN
    • Microcarlot
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 10:55:25 PM »
That is who has it. It is listed on ebay as   Other  other.  That is why it is hard to find.   I have never done one of these so I guess this is not the one to start with.

Larry

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 11:54:08 PM »
Larry was responding to a post that has a listing for a Frisky on eBay from 2009, that is why the link does not work

this is the current listing:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Other-Other-/390254870767

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 11:47:45 AM »
Apparently the F3 body was the original shell from the BW car, which had been fitted with a brand new body. The F3 chassis has nothing to do with the Sport body, which is just another miscellaneous shell.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 12:17:06 PM »
What is the BW car? Bruce Wiener? I understood he had my old 'sport', or at least claimed the chassis number. Now we find this car in the mix. This ad does not mention the F3 bodyshell.
So it means repairing the rear body which is cut in half, not right is it? No seat, engine cover, instruments etc etc. Now it sounds like the correct bodyshell is elsewhere so which car is this one now? Potentially two cars messed up plus another stripped out shell. The same story as my old ex Martin Keene car a the Black Country Museum. What is it with people and originality? Even restored these cars are never going to hit the high notes as they have been truly messed around. Sadly the same has happened to to many Peels, Scootacars and other rare cars. That is why I prize even the roughest untouched car over these sad molested examples. I also start to wonder if I am being told real facts when the source for build research is based on to many broken up cars. For instance my Scootacar Mk2 has never been restored but does not carry or show evidence of fitment of the alledged correct rear lights so far advised for instance. I believe what my car is telling me. No chance of that with a random selection of Frisky bits and bobs so ideal for someone to create a car that never existed with little fear of comeback so there is hope.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 12:38:09 PM »
This ad does not mention the F3 bodyshell.

The original 2009 eBay ad mentioned a separate F3 shell, which I understood was the original shell from the Wiener F3! John Meadows can clarify this.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 12:44:05 PM by blob »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 12:38:24 PM »
Ah, not a the 'Sport' then but another machine. So a dead F3 shell in Liecestershire really. Still all rather confusing as where did the chassis under the Sport shell come from?

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 12:49:45 PM »
where did the chassis under the Sport shell come from?

It's an F3 chassis but your guess is as good as mine of where it came from!  Incidentally if anyone has a solid F3 chassis kicking about I'd be interested.  :)

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 12:17:43 AM »
Yes it’s the same car as last years’s advert, the Frisky family three shell that was included before was the original shell of the yellow and white frisky now in BW’s collection.

The Sports shell is just that it was being offered before with a F3 chassis that would have fitted the F3 shell although not related to it

Microcarlot     have a look at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meadows_Frisky

http://www.localhistory.scit.wlv.ac.uk/Museum/Transport/Cars/Frisky.htm   frisky site

for more Frisky info

Jonathan Poll      have a look in rumcar Mart on this forum if you are looking for a Frisky to restore

John