Author Topic: Microcar Museum at Byards Leap  (Read 7097 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Microcar Museum at Byards Leap
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 07:21:37 PM »
Hi Jackie, I removed the comment about values in case it caused offence. I was just giving Mike S a prod for slandering me by suggesting I always trailer my car, he forgets we drove to Germany together a few years back, no trailers in sight! You are right about Heinkels being more sociable although I think the Isetta is a better engineered car. People forget that all tyres were crossply's in the 1950's and are of a different construction to radials.If you get a chance to look at the suspension on the rear of a schmitt you will see that there is not a lot of it there to damage, its just rubber in torsion with a damper. Some owners have fitted a wider wheel and tyre to solve the wander but it looks all wrong, I'm not opposed to a mild and reversible modification but I wouldn't want my car looking like a dragster!

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 08:06:42 PM »
Hi Bob
           I was not getting at you when I mentioned people who trailer their cars to the show and do not use them for fear of getting a spot of dirt on them to stop them winning a "Concours" prize - I can think of a few owners who do that - not you - but if the cap fits !!!!!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 09:42:18 PM »
Oh yes, sorry Mike, Paranoia is setting in, must be all the drugs!

jackiep

• Chatty
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 10:58:42 PM »
Hi Bob ,
      I shall look forward to both meeting you & I will bring my grubby gear to await your master class on the vageries of  suspesion on the microcar .
     BUT you had better buy a few raffle tickets or I promise to attack you shrader valves on the tyres of course            Cheers Jackie

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 11:22:04 PM »
Hi Jackie, I look forward to meeting you too. I will warn you now though that I hate raffles! ??? ??? Its all so very Butlins!! They will have us playing Bingo next!

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 01:11:58 AM »
I love Raffles, but notice I spell it with a Capital R.  One of my favourite pubs of all time is Raffles in Singapore.  :D Oh my wild youth.  ::) Singapore Sling Hmmmmmmm.
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2009, 08:18:03 AM »
Ah, the infamous Raffles!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2009, 10:24:07 AM »
Dear Bob

Funny you should say Bingo.

On the Saturday night after the Film Premier in the Tractor shed Cinema we are thinking of playing Bubble Bingo, where instead of numbers we will be using pictures of engine parts and they have to be matched with the vehicle name on your Bubble Bingo card.

Each right answer and the prize will be 10p every wrong answer you pay us 20p.

Does anybody fancy organising this?

Chris Thomas

PS remember it will be dark by then and we will be doing this outside, and with any luck sales of drink will be up.