Author Topic: Mystery Gutbrod or what is it???  (Read 4288 times)

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
Mystery Gutbrod or what is it???
« on: June 13, 2009, 11:54:53 PM »
I found this very interesting picture on the flickr website. But what is it??? Some people wrote comments and told that it resembles the Gutbrod Superior Sport. At the first look this may be right but: 1. The Superior Sport don´t have doors 2. the "scruffy" car don´t have the same hood 3. The radiator grill of the Superior Sport has a smaller width in the upper part. The men who uploaded the image told that the owner thinks it is a Gutbrod Superior with a body of the famouse "bodybuilder"  ;D (sorry I don´t know the right word but hope you understand what I mean) called Wendler. Wendler also built the body of the Superior Sport of the Superior van and of some other Gutbrod microcar prototypes. But unfortunately I didn´t found a car resembling the mystery barn find. :( Can anyone identify it  ??? ??? ???

Always looking for everything in connection with Egon Bruetsch!!!! Photos, brochures, letters, articles, drawings ....... Also to the licenses of Bruetsch like Belcar, Avolette, Rollera, France Jet etc.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Mystery Gutbrod or what is it???
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 04:18:40 AM »
Champion?

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 11:39:17 AM »
I don´t know a Champion with radiator grill and I think the body is more streamlined as well.
Always looking for everything in connection with Egon Bruetsch!!!! Photos, brochures, letters, articles, drawings ....... Also to the licenses of Bruetsch like Belcar, Avolette, Rollera, France Jet etc.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 01:01:32 AM »
 It's not a Spanish PTV is it?   ???

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 03:03:45 PM »
I don´t think so also beacause the radiator grill. A confusing thing  ???
By the way there is a good website about PTVs www.microptv.com There are lots of pictures also of the prototypes.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 03:16:26 PM by bruetsch-freak »

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 03:28:48 AM »
Without any reference to size or ability to scale from other objects, a quick look several times it sure looks like it has the characteristics of a XK120.  A smaller edition.   ::)
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 01:30:42 PM »
It seems to be a Julien for me !?

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 06:36:52 PM »
I thought it might be a Russon, but finally found my copy of Microcars by Tony Marshall and now not so sure, despite some similarities
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 12:08:05 AM »
Because of the radiator grill mate, it cant be a russon i reckon!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 03:47:26 PM by Peelpower »