Author Topic: Hooray! DUF back on the road  (Read 3479 times)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Hooray! DUF back on the road
« on: June 24, 2009, 05:32:12 PM »
Yup after 18 months of non-use and big help from the Great Mike Shepherd, DUF, my Trojan 200 has just passed its MOT and is back on the road. I needed money for recording equipment so laid her up, then had a problem with a stuck valve which required and engine re-build. Mike gave me immeasurable help and it is so nice to be driving a bubble again. Waves and thumbs up from policemen on way to MOT, and lots of school children waving and smiling...brill, and a big thanks to Mike
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Hooray! DUF back on the road
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 11:13:08 PM »
Well done Marcus, I had no idea it was off the road for so long. Good news that it pass the dreaded MOT. I also Had some good news today, back in 2002 my schmitt started to make a clattering noise from the exhaust, I checked everthing was on tight and forgot about it, you tend to get used to noises after a while. Last weekend John Hunt listen to the engine and suggested I may have a broken away baffle in the silencer. This afternoon I decided to remove the silencer and investigate, sure enough there was something rattling around inside, I cut the end open and out dropped a great big lump of tubing! I welded it back up , refitted it and now it sounds like heaven! Sweet as a nut! Who's a happy bunny! Marcus, just because you will not be at the celebration day does not mean no Tunnocks, we could raid the supply before the event, perhaps under the cover of darkness? :D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 11:17:15 PM by Bob Purton »

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 08:20:01 AM »
Right Bob, here's the cunning plan:

We get the old Dick Smart Scooter/Wallis Autogyro
 Attach guitars, ukuleles and drums to sides
 Depart Headcorn Aerodrome 0515 hrs
 Surprise landing in School House Farm Field 0520 hrs
 Convert to scooter mode 0525 hrs
 Drive up Boarden Lane to School House Farm 0526 hrs
 Detach musical instruments and gain surprise entry into house 0527 hrs
 Torture Jean with musical performance 0528 to 0528.05 secs
 0528.05 secs Jean breaks down after severe mental torture, confesses Secret Location Of Tunnocks Tea Cakes
 0529 we head to S.L.O.T. and load up T.T.Cs.
 0530 depart down lane to field
 0531 to 0533 convert scooter back to Autogyro
 0533 take off from field head for SECRET DESTINATION (the name of this destination must never be revealed to anyone)
 0538 arrive Headcorn Aerodrome, divide the Spoils Of War
 0540 we depart in waiting Messescmitt and Heinkel/Trojan

You will be issued with a Cyanide Capsule for use in the event of Capture. Naturally as Mission Commander it is VITALLY IMPORTANT that I survive, as my duty is to destroy all evidence of this TOP SECRET MISSION (by consuming ALL the T.T.Cs.)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 09:40:47 AM »
Oh Marcus! That was so funny I had to print off a copy and stick it on the office wall!  And all with such precision timing too, I wonder how it would go in reality, probably Headcorn aerodrome would be closed for the night, the scooters wouldn't start, I would take so long tuning my guitar that Jean would have time to call the police, or the performance would be so good we would be offered a recording contract instead of the T.T.C !  and after finally ascertaining the location secret of the tea cakes we discover that Andrew Mike and Leslie had pigged the lot the night before!

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 10:14:34 AM »
As tabloid scirbblers say: never let the facts get in the way of a good story!

jackiep

• Chatty
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 09:31:27 PM »
Hi Marcus ,

I must say its a delight to see your HUGE grin now that DUF is back on the road , EXCELLANT work by a GREAT team .       Sad that you wont be at the Celebration weekend but you'll be missed especially as that same team have worked so hard in helping clearing the Arch & getting Pearsons Cornor down to Staplehurst . THANKS, officially  on the Forum
                                                   Jackiep