Author Topic: Hammond Collection Tourette.  (Read 4842 times)

Jawmedead

Hammond Collection Tourette.
« on: July 01, 2009, 11:58:09 AM »

Found by Jean in an edition of Practical Motorist dated December 1966.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 12:04:17 PM by Jawmedead »

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Hammond Collection Tourette.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 12:21:18 PM »
Excellent, great find!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 01:33:58 PM »
Its a great regestration number for a microcar isnt it! I wonder who's Porsch its attached to now?

Jawmedead

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 04:57:48 PM »

:o The registration number TOY 534 is now on a BMW 320d Edition M Sport Tr A (Estate).  ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 06:58:09 PM »
Ahh That figures Rob. BMW, Porsch, what the difference, they all cut you up and think they own the road!

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 08:35:25 AM »
Dear Bob and Rob

What I want to know is how Rob knows exactly which car the registration is on? Has Rob hacked into the DVLA database? or does the owner of a BMW 320d sport estate live in Polgate and spends his time restoring 1950's Three wheel microcars for a hobby??

We think we should be told the truth!!!

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 08:48:03 AM »
Hi Chris. I'm sure Rob would love you to think he is clever enough to hack into secret files but the fact is they are not secret, all he doesis tap the number into a box on the DVLA website and it brings up the vehicle details, anyone can do it.

Jawmedead

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 09:21:13 AM »
Hi Chris and Bob,

I also use .... https://www.mycarcheck.com/

With DVLA you have to put in a make of vehicle. You don't need to with mycarcheck.

Rob.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 09:51:24 AM by Jawmedead »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 10:31:17 AM »
Cheers Rob. I will bookmark the site.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 10:44:06 AM »
Dear Rob and Bob

And there was me thinking you guys had friends in high places in the police force, or the DVLA and could get this information through the old boy network!

You live and Learn

Chris Thomas

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 05:27:06 PM »
very funny to read the discussion  ;D
Always looking for everything in connection with Egon Bruetsch!!!! Photos, brochures, letters, articles, drawings ....... Also to the licenses of Bruetsch like Belcar, Avolette, Rollera, France Jet etc.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 07:22:14 PM »
Dear Tobias

I sometimes forget that people from all over the world are reading our messages and it must seem like we are speaking a different English language to that your were taught in school.

Friends in high places, mean people who have positions of responsibility in government, not a person who sits on top of a mountain.

The Old Boys Network, is nothing to do with computers it means the network of friends that you meet when you were at school or university, before computers were invented.

DVLA is the government depatment that registers all of our vehicles and driving licences in the UK. They know all about who ownes which car, is it licenced, and insured, and has the driver passed the driving test. They are probably watching me as I speak.

To Hack into a computer does not mean that you hit it very hard with a sword or spear, with the intention of opening the container called a computer. It means to look secretivly at the content of data that is supposed to be very secure.

Rob Lives in Polegate and is restoring the Godon for Jean Hammond. He drives a Peugeot  but would like to own a BMW.

I do hope that helps you with our english.

Chris Thomas

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2009, 01:59:42 PM »
Dear Chris,

I know that my english is not the best maybe beacause I´m german and do not speak every day. Nevertheless many thanks for the private lesson but I did understand the conversation very good. I only found your humorous assumption that Rob had hacked into the DVLA database a bit funny. Thats all.

By the way in Germany one can use the verb to hack too. I didn´t think that to hack in a computer is that one “hit it very hard with a sword or spear”  ;)

I think thats enough of that stuff wich is absolutely uninteresting for all the 217 other forum members. Let´s discuss about microcars and not about if I had understand the texts.

Best regards

Tobias
Always looking for everything in connection with Egon Bruetsch!!!! Photos, brochures, letters, articles, drawings ....... Also to the licenses of Bruetsch like Belcar, Avolette, Rollera, France Jet etc.