Author Topic: Anyone heard of Motobi?  (Read 13156 times)

RalphT

• Occasional
Re: Anyone heard of Motobi?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 03:53:49 PM »
Hi Bob

Looks like earnest is doing a good job ;)

Seriously, I think the Motobi is looking stunning I too like the styling of the latin 50s era and 60s.  Some of the small sports cars are desing icons.
Pinninferina, Bertone and the like came up with so many great designs.

Once again Bob well done.

Regard
Ralph
1960 Messerschmitt KR200

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 04:29:18 PM »
Hi Ralph. I had forgotten all about Earnest! How is your Schmitt running?

RalphT

• Occasional
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2009, 03:16:12 PM »
Hi Bob

Schmitt going ok but I think that it needs some attention to the brakes in the new year, but it has pased its MOT.
I've been looking for a spare engine but they seem to be a bit steep in the price department :'( I would like to have a spare because mine is the original motor and I dont want to play around with it too much.  The dynastart will only run forwards unless the battery is as fully charged as posible so I think that the brushes or comutator need looking at.  I would also like to fit EI but it is just getting round to getting one.

How's Primrose and the Inter?

Regards
RalphT
1960 Messerschmitt KR200

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2009, 06:35:50 PM »
Hi Ralph. Yes engines are a bit steep now! I held on to my spare motor for many years but finally yielded to an offer this year, I needed the money for other projects and do not suppose I will ever be able to afford the luxury of having a spare one again. Primrose is good thanks apart from losing my storage for her this month. She runs a lot quieter now I fixed the loose baffle in the silencer. It had been clattering for years before John Hunt diagnosed the problem. The Inter is still unregistered and next year I want to put in a new piston and do some fine tuning. I may have to part with one or the other at some time in the future, the schmitt is bad for my vertigo because of the hard ride. I may have to acquire a microcar with larger wheels and a more sedate ride. Motorcycles are good for me because I can store them at home and they do not make me dizzy. Hope to see you this summer. Bob

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2009, 09:47:17 PM »
the schmitt is bad for my vertigo because of the hard ride. I may have to acquire a microcar with larger wheels and a more sedate ride.

I might be able to help you there Bob, as I've just bought all five of these little articles from a breakers yard in North Wales last Saturday.  :)  They have 10-inch wheels and a very comfy seat so should suit you down to the ground right now. I'm keeping two of them & three are to be sold on in due course, so form an orderly queue & place your orders now for one of the remaining three, which I expect to start advertising around March 2010.....

« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 10:01:38 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2009, 10:21:23 PM »
Thanks for the offer Stuart, I will take all three! :D Now here is a controversial topic. Do the keepers of registers have an unfair advantage when it comes to buying vehicles that come up for sale, as they are often the first point of contact for the people selling? Should the keeper of the register offer the vehicles to all the other register members first before snapping up the bargains themselves? Don't worry Stuart, I'm not pointing a finger but its a grievance that I have often heard expressed. After I set up my Inter blog I was hoping that I would be inundated with offers of cheap Inters, It didn't work for me! What do you all think? 

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2009, 11:10:35 PM »
 Not to worry Bob, these were indeed brought to ICR member's atention first, viz the center pages of the current Conveyancer. These were bought by me personally with my own money, & not by the ICR, though the fact I am the ICR did help enormusly in getting them away, as the yard owner would not have delt with an individual regarding these vehicles, whereas I am the "official" organisation for them, thus he was prepared to do a deal with me alone as I had proved myself to be serius with these things. The short of it was, they were to have been baled at the end of April had I personally not got myself up there for a face-to-face. No question about it. In a case such as this, the "rules", whatever they be, have to go by the wayside.   :-*

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2009, 11:21:58 PM »
snapping up the bargains

Not really, Bob, belive me, these things are going to be costing me a serius amount by the time they reach Oxfordshire from North Wales, what with transport, storage etc etc, not to mention the purchase price itself.  Still, i keep telling myself I'm doing it for the love of the vehicles.....     ::)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2009, 09:12:48 AM »
Hi Stuart, As I said I was not pointing the finger or saying this was a point in case but raising an issue that concerns many and applies to registers accross the board. I was hoping not to have to use an example but looks like I will have to to make the point. A person wants to sell say a Tourette [I know , I'm obsesed with them!] The owner knows its a rare microcar, googles rare microcar and discovers RUM, makes some enqires and who really gets the first crack at aquiring the desirable car, is it not who ever is running the register at the time, many would say the noble thing to do would be to give some advise on values and tell the owner to put it on the open market. The temptation however is to say, Oh I will have it off you , I am the register and it will be going to a good home! I know I would be tempted! Its an issue that comes up in the motorcycle world all the time and with classic car registers alike. I bought it up because I dont think it has been debated before on the forum as far as I can remember.I will open a new thread and see what folk think.