Author Topic: NJT598 update  (Read 2931 times)

adi

• Quite Chatty
NJT598 update
« on: July 14, 2009, 09:09:38 PM »
Incase anyone is wandering, its coming along slowly but surely.

Im pretty busy with other things, and the garage where it lives has become abit of a dumping ground for parts for alot of different vehicles, and a base for several ongoing projects, as well as occasionally random welding which always happens outside the garage, so everything is a permanent mess, but thats not unusual.

The bubble car itself, im just trying to get the bodyshell to fit back to the chassis. Not so easy. Alot of the metal parts are rotten, and iv welded alot of them. I was originally going to braze them since i figured welding metal that thin would be stupid, but then i looked at it again and thought...nah...iv welded worst things before, and so far 4 welding jobs on the metal bodshell structures and not a single blow-through, which is good.

Hers what its looking like at the moment.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: NJT598 update
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 08:21:26 AM »
So out of interest, what sort of welder do you use? Thin metal can be a problem, and my Butters MIG welder is not controllable enough at low power, but luckily for me my neighbour has a Snap-On one which was good for welding steel hardly thicker than cooking foil. Keep it going!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face