Author Topic: Wet summer  (Read 4951 times)

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
Wet summer
« on: August 01, 2009, 02:28:33 PM »
Rain rain nothing else than rain  >:( Cant drive the microcars  :(

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
Re: Wet summer
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 09:31:23 PM »
I have managed to get sunburnt today at the East Anglian Microcar Rally and drove the Scootacar there and back (50 miles each way)....did rain all lastnight though!
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 09:46:41 PM »
I just got back from said show too and also got sunburnt! Excellent show as usual, good weather except for the afore mention rain on saturday night. Covered about 110 miles on the saturday and sunday runs out. Was it your Mk1 that won the trophy? The pale blue one?

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 09:55:22 PM »
no mine is the cream one :)

Liked your schmitt....didnt get the chance to speak and wanted to ask where you got your front number plate from for your schmitt. I think the size of a front plate on a schmitt makes or breaks a schmitt.
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 10:26:14 PM »
Ahhh the cream one, it is just as nice as the blue one in my opinion. Sorry I missed you, I cant place you at the moment but I'm sure we must have met before. Yes I always prefer a small plate on the front of a schmitt but I cant remember where I ordered it from as it was about eight years ago now. I could look through the receipts if you like. Glad you enjoyed the show. Do you have any pictures to post as I temporarily mislayed my camera?

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 12:23:13 PM »
I was at Culdrose Air Day on Wed 29th, it was very wet, windy and cold. Loads of people left, but 3 hours late the flying display DID happen and only the Hurricane, Seafire and Vickers VC 10 did not display.
The PBYA Catalina (registered G-PBYA !) was fine. Standing next to it my Dad (ex Fleet Air Arm navigator) noticed the handrail on the roof and suddenly remembered a war-time experience on a Cat in similar wet and windy conditions off the North coast of Scotland in winter. They landed on rough seas but were being carried by fierce wind, driving rain and heavy tide towards rocks. The pilot ordered him up onto the roof of the cabin with a boat hook to try and moor on a buoy, whilst the engines stayed at half power.  He had to lie on the roof, holding the rail with one hand whilst flailing around with the boat hook with the starboard 10ft diam metal prop spinning inches from him.
The Eurofighter Typhoon display was truly staggering, I can see why its is reckoned to be the best military plane in the world.

Endless bad weather, lots of work, and several trips away mean that I only used my Trojan once in the whole of July. August looks changeable too.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 06:48:40 PM »
We must be so lucky down here is our corner of Kent.  They keep forecasting rain and issuing severe weather warings and we seem to miss it.  Yes we have the odd shower and a very occasional downpour but the ground in our fields is cracking up for lack of the wet stuff.  Glad you had good weather for the East Anglian Rally too.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars