Author Topic: Info needed for Harding electric invalid carriage  (Read 4057 times)

10camelot

• Just Starting
Info needed for Harding electric invalid carriage
« on: August 17, 2009, 10:32:50 PM »
Hi all,
First post as a new member and looking for some knowledge.
I have recently acquired a Harding electric invalid carriage, and was wondering if anyone knows about these. I have it stripped and in the process of paintwork being done, and am looking to get a log book for it. The original reg is BNR435B as displayed on the original bodywork, but I have no previous MOT cert, tax disc, insurance etc, so it seems I would struggle to register it on its original number.  Any info on these vehicles, or suggestions as to how to register it would be greatly appreciated.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Info needed for Harding electric invalid carriage
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 11:33:57 PM »
 Hmmm, now that's the forth "new" Harding Electric to have turned up in as many months! I'm the chap you need to see, being Stuart Cyphus of the all-powerful Invalid Carriage Register & with full DVLA approval for such things     

It might prove to be ackward to claim back its original number, due to no paperwork & very likely no chassis number either (A common non-presence on "open" invalid vehicles) but membership of the ICR is open to you for £10 (cheques made payable to S. Cyphus) per year if you want to have a bash. For your tenner you get access to my guidance & DVLA rubber stamp, and four issues of Conveyancer magazine....  

Stuart Cyphus
The Invalid Carriage Register
6 Mirfield Road
Witney
Oxfordshire
OX28 5BA

email;  invacar@yahoo.co.uk

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 11:39:17 PM »
Stuart is the man!!!! ;D  Anyway 10Camelot, do you have some other photos of it to post here or email. Also some history on it.  I'm interested to see various aspects of it, for a future possible restoration on the one found in the hedge.  Ian.
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 09:39:36 AM »
Without doubt Cyphus is lord.

He is the IC Mafia. 
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

10camelot

• Just Starting
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 05:39:03 PM »
Thanks for the info, I must sort out joining.
The only history of the car that I know of, is that it was bought for a house on Hascombe Vineyard Estate (probably when new). The owner used it in the surrounding area, including Dunsfold, before moving to Cranleigh about 4 years ago, which is when it appeared in the back yard at my workplace, and remained unmoved until now.  I have just taken it on, and the mower shop next door to us believe that the original owner is a customer of theirs - they are going to try and contact them for me.
In the meantime, I have 28 pics (38mb) of the car before I stripped it (the chassis should be back with me after sandblasting on Thursday), and so if anyone would like them emailed (or any particlur part of the car), please let me have your email address.

3/9/09
My birthday tomorrow!!. Celebrating by taking the day off and working on the Harding, (very apt as wifes' maiden name is Harding!).  Now the chassis is sprayed black, controller cleaned and sorted,  in the middle of smoothing and painting the bodywork (dark blue mudguards & rear cover), forks rebuilt with new bearings. New floor being cut for the weekend.. Things coming together now!!!

10/10/09
The new seat I made to replace the rotted original has gone to the upholsterers (J Mussell, Godalming). Will post another picture when it is back. Nearly finished then!!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:23:42 PM by 10camelot »