Author Topic: Zest  (Read 11561 times)

qdos

• Just Starting
  • I've always been keen on cars having built my own
    • Qdos Cars
Zest
« on: October 30, 2006, 08:06:58 AM »
It's not very often we get a new microcar arrive on these shores here in the UK and there's often very little mentioned by the press about them. I've had QPods recently but I came across the Zest and have been watching it's development for some time now. I've met the design team and even had the man who's responsible for the whole concept of this brand new little car stay with me several days when I dragged him over here to show me the car.

I was really taken by the car and the whole attitude and philosophy of this brand new company. So much so that I've unashamedly become the UK Importer for the ACREA Zest. So here's a brand new quadricycle which was officially launched to the public this October at the Paris Motor Show.

ACREA Zest from Qdos Cars

I'm shortly collecting the first one for the UK and will be at the Exeter Kit and Sports Car Show in November with it. Anyone who would like to find out more and have a chat about any microcar/quadricycle is more than welcome to say hello.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 08:20:59 AM by qdos »

MikeBoxwell

• G-Wiz owner
  • Just Starting
    • G-Wiz Owners Club
Re: Zest
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 11:38:30 AM »
That's a fantastic looking car.  I love it!

Can you tell me more about it?  What is it powered by?  Is there an electric version planned?  How much will it cost?  How are you planning to sell it?

qdos

• Just Starting
    • Qdos Cars
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 09:25:34 AM »
Hi Mike,

Yes the Zest is a super little car and gets lots of admiring looks. It's not for the introvert though as you get photographed all the time driving it, even people taking photos alongside you on the motorways! As Stephane says it magically transforms you into a handsome movie star.

It's early days at the moment I'm eagerly awaiting the 15th of Novemeber when I can collect my very own Zest. If you would like to come and see why not pop along to the show in Exeter at Westpoint Arena on 18th / 19th November. It's powered by a Lombardini 2 cylinder 505cc engine with a CVT automatic gearbox. I'm also very happy to speak to anyone about other power sources or would like to get involved with the car here in the UK in any respect.

In the mean time here's another photo I took at a show we were invited into at Romsey in August.

qdos

• Just Starting
    • Qdos Cars
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 07:51:18 AM »
Well it's here! ;D I collected my brand new ACREA Zest from the factory near Paris last week. I watched it being built peice by peice and we popped along to The Palace Of Versailles (the most amazing Palace I've ever seen and yet people were stopping to photograph the Zest instead of the palace!) to get it registered as I wanted to drive it all the way home and on to Exeter to show it at the 'Kit and car builder show' there this weekend just gone.

I'm absoloutely exhausted as I've been on the go non stop since Tuesday last week finishing off with an entire weekend of non stop enquiries about the Zest at the show. To all the people who came and asked us about the Zest I'd like to say thank you very much for all your enthusiastic good luck wishes. I hope to see you soon and hope you will enjoy your test drives as much as I did my journey al the way from Paris. :)

I've now got to speak to several magazines who want to feature the car so it looks like I'm going to be busy longer than I'd anticipated. :-\ I had thought I'd get some rest this week as I only managed to get something like 5 hours sleep last week with all the travelling. The Zest however certainly lived up to it's name it was a real pleasure to drive it home to Dorset all that way.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 07:08:18 PM by qdos »

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 06:14:40 PM »
Sounds a fantastic vehicle.  Don't forget at little piece about to go in our very ourn RUMCAR NEWS please.  Not all our readers have internet connection so they will miss out on it.  Thanks Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

qdos

• Just Starting
    • Qdos Cars
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 08:43:03 PM »
Hi Jean, I'd be very happy to write something for you on the adventure ;D. What format would you like me to send it in and where to?

« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 08:46:45 AM by qdos »

darrg

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 03:29:42 PM »
How much pocket money does a Zest set you back, then? Is it (a) the wife will never notice, (b) better ask the wife, or (c) the wife will never agree?

qdos

• Just Starting
    • Qdos Cars
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 10:02:58 AM »
Woops sorry I missed that question.  The Zest roadster is £8000

not the cheapest car on the roads but it's great fun and for most cars you pay extra to have the roof removed LOL
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 04:08:19 AM by qdos »