Author Topic: scootacar mk2 value .  (Read 7244 times)

P50

• Prolific Poster
Re: scootacar mk2 value .
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 01:14:37 PM »
Of course if you own a scootacar you are obliged to talk up the value Perry!  ;) ;). Scootacar prices in line with Kr200s? What have you been drinking! :D :D :D  I admit they have been a little under valued for some time but have caught up a little in recent years. The old myth about rarity equals value raises its head, it aint nessecarily so, remember that Astra van? Very rare but no one wanted it for 3K. I think a Scootacar is still a microcar that if restores properly you could spend more money on than the car would be worth finished. Now Inter Torpedo's on the other hand must be worth at least half a million! Now you'v got ME doing it! :D :D :D

I care not as I'll never sell mine.  Want a KR?  i'll show you 10 for sale in 5 mins.    I can see the day when a Scootacar is worth more than a KR.  Only place realistically to get one is the UK. Like Peels.   When was a decent Mk1 up for sale last?

I'll give you 5 grand for your Inter as it's quite sound with only minimal rust and dents.   ;)  

Peels have gone mega north.  Scootacars are going too... IMHO  (FYI I went to a show in my KR yesterday. Yep it attracted attention. A Mk1 Scoot would have stole the show. It looks mental.  That's why I bought mine (how can you compare an Astravan to a Scoot?! Like comparing a genuine GT40 to a 7 litre Mustang cos they have the same engine...  prices are sometimes undefinable)

Case closed

« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 01:20:49 PM by P50 »
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 02:21:14 PM »
Ok Perry, if you say so. They may well go that way but they ain't yet ,if your cars will never be for sale, why are you so concerned about prices? ;) ;)  Its because in the back of your mind you are thinking that one day you may have to sell up. I seem to remember a time when you bought and sold quite a lot of cars much the same as I did !! Anyway, lets continue this discussion over a cup of tea at Battlesbridge car show this sunday, are you going, I can organise a pass if you want? Put the earplugs in and drive over in the scoot? Cheers, Bob.      ps must go are fix those rust holes in the Inter, that way you may increase yor offer to 5.5K 

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 03:29:13 PM »
I'll happily admit there are a few cars I'd be delighted to acquire. a 201, a TG,  a blue Trident! a 4.5 litre Blower Bentley, a DB4GT, an Alfa TZ1 etc etc..  But oddly enough they've all gone up.  Shame I don't like beige Allegros or Marinas..

I have no intention of selling up. Not gonna happen.  Because how can I replace the things?     Lets chat on Sunday. Yep a pass would be good. Will see you there. (I said the Scoot was not terribly usable so the KR. again...)
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009, 03:32:34 PM »
must go are fix those rust holes in the Inter, that way you may increase yor offer to 5.5K

What about those horrible white (I mean beige) walls!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 05:42:41 PM »
Honestly! These teenagers get cheekier every day!! At least there is a complete restored car attached to those biegewalls! Dont worry Mike, I'm leaning towards buying a new set of continental whities and selling you the biege ones, it wouldnt matter to you because you will never put that car back togther again!  Ho Ho Ho!!!  Are you still coming to the show Sunday Mike?

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2009, 06:48:46 PM »
Are you still coming to the show Sunday Mike?

Yes I be there ...anything to get away from my house and the builders I've employed to fix it!!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2009, 10:41:08 PM »
Oh good. Sorry I cant offer you a ride this time as Shelley is coming with me, her cousin will be there with his Ford Anglia, that will be exciting wont it! :-\

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, 09:45:00 AM »
her cousin will be there with his Ford Anglia, that will be exciting wont it!
Don't tell me it's a hot-roded Essex mobile!  :-X