Author Topic: siba ign switch  (Read 4736 times)

john p

• Occasional
siba ign switch
« on: October 21, 2009, 12:56:21 PM »
i have the siba ignition switch for my frisky but no keys ,has anyone in similar situation managed to modify a key to fit,or found suitable replacement switch any ideas gratefully recieved,thank you.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: siba ign switch
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 03:19:00 PM »
Hi John. Is it the siba reversing dynastart switch? I got some done by a pal last year who sad to say have lost contact with but I can put you onto a guy in America who has blanks [not siba but an alternative]he sent me some and they were very cheap. You would still have to find someone to cut them.

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 08:48:08 PM »
www.messerschmitt.nl

In parts and then electrical. Not bought from them myself but appears to be legit!
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

john p

• Occasional
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 01:35:06 PM »
thanks for info scootercar mk1,i will have a look and thankyou Bob for reply yes it is ign switch for reversing dynostart.

adi

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 09:03:51 PM »
I had a massive problem finding a blank to fit my SIBA unit. It seems its like the worlds more obscure key or something. I wanted a spare in-case i lost the original.

Any locksmith can take apart your lock and make a key to fit to it in like an hour, but finding the blank in the first place is an issue.

In the end, after much much hassle, we finally found a blank thats not exactly the same pattern, but fits. Its marked HD IF6.

Once you know what blank fits, its just a simple 10 or 15 pound job for a locksmith to make it fit the lock.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 10:59:37 PM »
Adi, you should have asked, they are the same as messerschmitt keys.

john p

• Occasional
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 10:33:02 PM »
i have been in contact with www.messerschnitt.nl ,very helpful told me where to find code on side of siba ign switch body 2 letters 3 numbers have sent it to him (chris)and he is getting me correct new keys,not sure how much will post info on successful result.

john p

• Occasional
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 09:00:51 PM »
regarding siba keys ,chris from www.messerschmitt.nl very helpfull i now have pair of keys for my frisky ign switch ordered from no. on switch cost 37.50 euro inc postage it was well worth that to me to get some keys.

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 11:36:09 PM »
excellent . Nice to know :)
Cream Mk1 Scootacar