Author Topic: Wanted Rear Axle and Worm gear for Reselco Solocar  (Read 5257 times)

KRACHUK

• Just Starting
Wanted Rear Axle and Worm gear for Reselco Solocar
« on: October 27, 2009, 05:53:12 PM »
I have a Reselco Solocar (Nelco) and the rear axle bronze worm gear is severly worn. Also the 2 rear axles have twisted at the spline.

Does anybody have these parts tey are willing to sell. If you have a complete rear axle that woud be evern better.

I Live in Harvard Illinois (northwest suburb of Chicago) and of course would be willing to pay any crating, packing and shipping cost.

Best regards;

Kevin Rachuk

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
Re: Wanted Rear Axle and Worm gear for Reselco Solocar
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 07:42:23 PM »
Welcome Kevin:  Illinois is a long way from possible parts for your Nelco.  Can you give some more information on it?  What is its provenance?  What year, Chassis Number, etc.  Do you have photos?  It just happens that there is a chap about eighty miles south of you that does have various earlier Nelcos, however they are complete and I know that there are no extra parts, but I (it is me  ;D) would be willing to discuss your restoration and give help as needed.  The Carter Electric has the same rear end and motor, but different positioning.  These too are hard to find in parts.  The best bet may be a machine shop to duplicate it.  You should talk also to Stuart on this venue and sign on for his magazine, The Conveyancer, from the Invalid Carriage Register.  Just a little bit of further information, the 2010 ICR Calendar has just been published and each month contains three fantastic photos of that months feature Invalid Carriage.    Ian.
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 08:56:06 AM »
Quite a coincidence going on there...Illinois, a hotspot of Solocar activity!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 11:06:50 PM »
Quite a coincidence going on there...Illinois, a hotspot of Solocar activity!

Seems so doesn't it;  so now Illinois is famous for Solocars, let alone for hotspot activity with it's politicians.  ::)
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

KRACHUK

• Just Starting
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 06:05:03 PM »
I moved from the Detroit area last year, I guess to be nearer to the mark. I was really suprised when Ian contacted me to let me know about his solocar. In his E-mail he gave me his phone number and I thought it would be in England. Then I looked closer and noticed the area code was the same as mine. Very interesting. Ian I have been meaning to call but I have ad a ton of family obligations the last few evenings.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 03:39:35 PM »
 Illinois is certainly the hotsopt right now it seems. Your Solocar doesn't sound like one I'm familer with Kevin, so all the details Ian mentions would be very keenly sought-ater by the Invalid Carriage Register, which of course is me. As regards the back axle, its unusual for one to be this worn out as the axle is built like a tank! There was a chap in the Battery Vehicle Socieoty selling an axle about five years ago, but I don't think I've still got his details today. I'll be checking back through my papers this weekend though, so watch this space....  In all likelyhood, the machining route might be the only one avalible as any spare parts for pre-saloon-type carriages are somewhat akin to rocking horse poo.

Stuart Cyphus
The Invalid carriage Register
email;  invacar@yahoo.co.uk

KRACHUK

• Just Starting
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 06:52:44 PM »
I saw the advert for rear axles the battery society listed but was too late to get them. I was really surprised to find another solocar in the USA, particularly this close to my house. I have just recently moved to Illinois and the solocar is   in storage Michigan still. I have the axle and most of the running gear at my house. I have been meaning to call Ian but I have been really busy at work lately on a major project for my company. 

Best regards;

Kevin Rachuk

KRACHUK

• Just Starting
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 06:17:01 PM »
Is there any hope for finding a rear axle (I think I will use the worn worm gear, no teeth are broken off)

Best regards;

Kevin Rachuk in Illinois USA

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 09:01:15 AM »
Might Derry Aust have the shafts in his stash, Stuart? There was some pretty wierd stuff in that lot. He has Trojan parts but Dave has not followed it up as they will be more than free! He tried selling the lot to me for £1200 but it looked like a very longterm investment as he had sold all the quick turnaround stuff.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs