Author Topic: Road Legal Bamby needed  (Read 12950 times)

Mystery essex collecter

• Occasional
Re: Road Legal Bamby needed
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 11:27:37 AM »
I know this topic was now some time ago, but I have a road legal Bamby, so there is at least one out there!  would love to buy another one if  I could find one!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2010, 10:17:47 PM »
Yes, I believe you have my old one.

Mystery essex collecter

• Occasional
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2010, 11:58:58 PM »
Hi Bob, yes I believe I do. :) Do you remember some time ago when my son knocked on your door and asked about your Schmitt?  I believe you have now sold it and now have an Isetta.  I also have some Isettas, lhd and rhd and 3 and 4 wheels.  Had I have known your Schmitt was for sale I may have knocked on your door again!! was it a German buyer?  :'(
Wayne.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2010, 08:36:41 AM »
Hello Wayne. We meet at last even if only in cyberspace! Yes I do remember your son asking about the Schmitt. I said to  him " Whats your dads name? I probably know him" and when he replied "Wayne" it just didn't ring any bells at that time. Since then of course your name has popped up here and there, I believe I was following you around the Enfield Pageant back in May.  No, my schmitt didn't go to a German buyer, I was quite emotionally attached to it having owned and driven it for twelve years so getting the highest price wasn't priority, I just wanted it to go to a friend with the knowledge that I would see it again and make sure he was looking after it.   We will have to meet up some time.  Bob.

Mystery essex collecter

• Occasional
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2010, 10:40:28 AM »
Hi Bob, yes it would be nice to meet up sometime to speak to someone who has a passion for micro cars as I have. As you know, I have not put myself  'out there'  so to speak, so have not met many other enthusiasts. Glad to hear it didn't leave the uk. If your friend ever decides to sell it I would still be interested.
I am going to Germany next week to look at the yellow 61 Tiger that is on the Internet for sale, what are your  thoughts on it.
Wayne

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2010, 12:42:25 PM »
Hi Wayne.The TG500 looks great, I'm no expert on these cars but to be able to own any Tiger is somewhat of a privalige. My only advice is dont believe all you hear about values, there is a lot of hype out there! I am sending you a private message which you can pick up under your profile. Cheers as we say in Essex! Bob
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 01:02:06 PM by Bob Purton »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2010, 12:45:47 PM »
How much of Essex have you collected all ready? Has anyone noticed yet?

Thinking back we had the mate who bought the Bond in Tilbury in common but we have met I think. You 'stopped' me when I was towing two Heinkel Trojans to a shipping agent just above Tilbury to see if one was for sale. Unless it was another Wayne. That would have been some 4 years ago I think.

Not to deep knowledge about the yellow Tiger but I think it has previous in terms of trade. Ferdi and Hieko, of course, will know the car I am sure.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2010, 01:58:12 PM »
If you get this Tiger and ever head towards S E London I would love to get photos and go for a ride in it! I doubt I will ever have my own, but regardless of their flaws I just LOVE them! Even made a model of one out of cigar tins.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Mystery essex collecter

• Occasional
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2010, 02:08:56 PM »
Yes, I remember stopping you near Dartford tunnel when you had the Trojans on the trailer. That was some time ago! I think I gave you a card?  Don't know the guy from Tilbury who bought the Bond though.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2010, 08:00:35 AM »
Ah, is there still a Bond still lurking in a housing estate of Tilbury unknown? That Essex is a hotspot for Microcars is evidenced by the fact that while I rarely go over there I have been asked about the cars more often then most places when moving them. This by folk that know something about what they are looking at rather than the normal mystified gathering at petrol stations. I even wondered if the petrol heads had a camera up on the two big M25 junctions to see what is going in and out!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs