Author Topic: RUMCAR NEWS 103  (Read 8689 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
RUMCAR NEWS 103
« on: December 06, 2009, 06:34:38 PM »
RCN103 will be in the post on Monday morning 7th December.  I hope yours arrives before Christmas and tha you all enjoy reading Tony's latest super offering.  May I wish all its readers and everyone on the Forum a very Happy Christmas and a Bubbly New Year.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
Re: RUMCAR NEWS 103
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 10:34:45 AM »
Got my issue this morning. What another great example. Thank you

Ferdi

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 11:59:33 AM »
Got mine this morning, flick through it but not much caught my eye, I'm sure an in depth read will throw up somethink engaging. I read and enjoyed Tony's "is it a microcar" spot, Thanks for listening Tony and not featuring a fork lift truck or lawnmower this time, a very interesting background to this car! I also read with interest the letter from Paul Leslie, I agree with all he says and have stated it many times, we need technical articles, Tony's reply about "they may be codswhallop" is defeatist, of course some of them may well be but it doesnt stop the other mags publishing them, a little printed waver from RCN is all thats needed, the fact remains the mag is a little dry without such. The name could be changed to "Microcar world", the fact that there is a brand of car called microcar is of no consequence in my view, it could be split to "micro car" if someone insisted. About techno articles, Tony said, about which cars, how about something on villiers engines as many micro's use them? I'm not moaning, its a great mag but these things need discussing.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 02:25:19 PM »
I agree with Bob about technical articles, the problem is everyone wants to see more technical articles but few want to write them.

and even fewer want to illustrate them with photographs, for the most part they are more interested in working on the cars and not in writing or documenting things.

There ARE some people that do like to share technical information and documentation, but you have to seek them out and badger them a bit or interview them to get the article.

jackiep

• Chatty
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 10:37:54 PM »
Hi All ,
    Another FAB issue of RUM cars mag , but did anyone else notice the year on the front cover ?
       Sorry  Editor but you ARE human , absolutely NO OFFENCE meant AT ALL .
               Its an Excellent read THANKS Jackie

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 08:37:19 AM »
I have been away quite a lot and very busy, but it is there in my inbox waiting to be read.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 09:27:08 AM »
Oh yes, 2003! I never noticed. Its probably a deliberate mistake and Jackie has won the prize for spotting it first!

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 10:33:08 AM »
Here is Tony's reply:

Hi everybody.  I can explain.  I was unsure whether to resort to using the Gregorian calendar as part of the celebrations for last year, or stick with the Julian calendar, so I was just checking to see if you would notice.  You did.  My next plan is to go over to the Chinese calendar, using animals.  This should see 2010 as the year of the mechanical elephant with 2011 the year of the mechanical horse etc.  Ed.

Merry Christmas to you all, your are an observant lot ,I hadn't noticed in spite of packing and posting about 170 of them
                                                                      Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 03:53:39 PM »
Mechanical Horse? Why not a TROJAN Horse? Boom boom!
(I'll get me coat)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 05:19:41 PM »
We could have a whole decade of microcar animal years. e.g. year of the Tiger, the chanticlier (cockreal), Ladybird, cant think of anymore!

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 05:51:03 PM »
Sparrow (Spatz)