Author Topic: Should registers get first offer on vehicles for sale?  (Read 9519 times)

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Should registers get first offer on vehicles for sale?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 02:06:24 PM »
Could this be why there is a reluctance on the part of some to register there cars?

I don't believe so.  I think it is more privacy concerns on the part of the new owner and also the "What's In It For Me?" factor.
If the owner of a vehicle does not want the services of a Register, what incentive do they have to bother?
I know MANY "collectors" (or accumulators really....) that do not properly register their vehicles with the government and do not even change the TITLE of the vehicle over to themselves!
There is a paranoid thread that runs through many people about letting other organizations know what items you own for the fear that somehow, someway this information will be used against you.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 02:34:16 PM »
Me back pedalling? Well my bike's handlebars are on the back wheel! I was just saying that I would offer a car to my members first, but if the owner of a club or register took something nice I would just think of it as an example of fortune favouring the prepared.
 Good debate everyone!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Smart51

• Chatty
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 06:57:03 PM »
What about people who want to buy your rare car just to convert it into something else - a kiddies 50p a go postman pat van or something.  Would you sell at a lower price to someone who will look after it?

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009, 08:42:17 PM »
I would certainly sell at a lower price for a known enthusiast, and would give any enthusiasts prior notice of sale...unless someone came by and twisted my arm!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face