Author Topic: Peardrop  (Read 13981 times)

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
Re: Peardrop
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 06:21:52 PM »
Very interesting! Thank you so much
Always looking for everything in connection with Egon Bruetsch!!!! Photos, brochures, letters, articles, drawings ....... Also to the licenses of Bruetsch like Belcar, Avolette, Rollera, France Jet etc.

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 02:10:05 AM »
Hi
    Did my eyes deceive me or was that a peardrop car at the Manresa 09 rally - it was bright red in colour but a man walked in front of the camera just as it was passing by - see what you think!!
                                                                                                                                                                       Mike
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 02:15:12 AM by g-o-g-g-o »

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2010, 10:32:58 PM »
Hello Mike, have you maybe seen this? :) It is an Avolette from Air Tourist, France. Gilles found this car in fair condition and restored it last year.
Always looking for everything in connection with Egon Bruetsch!!!! Photos, brochures, letters, articles, drawings ....... Also to the licenses of Bruetsch like Belcar, Avolette, Rollera, France Jet etc.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2010, 10:43:43 PM »
That is really nice!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 10:33:41 AM »
Fabulous!! Now that's what ya call a microcar! I wonder what happend to his side light? Do they really use that little step on the side to get in? I notice the roof would only just clear his head but then he is wearing a cap. Gorgeous!

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 12:42:24 PM »
The owner has a sense of humour - note the propeller now fitted to the exhaust.....

I'm guessing that top hinges at the front or back to open up - but I can't see the front fittings are far enough forwards for the screen to clear the bonnet, so maybe it hinges from the back and there are pins under the dashboard to hold the front down.

Andrew

On edit: I should have looked at the Weiner museum:

Wot? No propeller?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 12:46:07 PM by AndrewG »

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2010, 11:03:29 PM »
I think the top gets held by two small hooks above the windscreen. You can see the hooks better at the picture from Bruce Weiners Avolette.
And another pic of the ship's propeller ;D