Author Topic: Old Frisky/Bond photo!  (Read 2358 times)

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
Old Frisky/Bond photo!
« on: January 10, 2010, 10:57:07 PM »
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
Re: Old Frisky/Bond photo!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 09:22:12 PM »
The Bond and the  FriskySport and were enjoying a drive along a frozen canal in Liverpool during the cold winter of 1960 (approx) I spoke to the Bond owner the lady next to it her late husband has the sleigh. The FriskySport belonged to their friend in the flat cap. They enjoyed many outings together and came from the village of Rufford in Lancashire.

John

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 09:34:12 PM »
Would that be Winter '62-'63? That was a really bad one. It was the one when my family and I (aged 6) returned from 5 years in the beautiful sub-tropical paradise of Montevideo, Uruguay, beside the river Plate. We returned mid December and for 2 months lived in a small unheated wooden summer holiday chalet on the salt marshes by the Solent.
It still chills me to think of the misery!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 11:08:07 PM »
You are probably correct, I spoke to her in March 2008 and she couldn't remember the exact date, just that they had a lot of fun.

I know how you felt we have been snowed in on top of our hill in wales for the past five days and it still looks like its not going anywhere, but compared to Grant in scotland this is just a walk in the park!

John