Author Topic: Scootacar  (Read 9497 times)

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
Scootacar
« on: January 24, 2010, 02:19:24 AM »
Scootacar wanted ! Seriously, for cash or swap.

P50

• Prolific Poster
Re: Scootacar
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 09:12:41 AM »
I've always liked your TG.....................................!

« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 09:40:45 AM by P50 »
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 11:32:35 AM »
I've always liked your barmaid............................. :P

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 12:04:35 PM »

Just have spoken to her ( Steffi ), unfortunately she does'nt want to move. Sad, sad  ;D ;D ;D

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 12:08:10 PM »
I've always liked your TG.....................................!

Hmmm, i also do like my TG, mate  ;)

Dan Rodd

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 02:30:51 PM »
someone i know on another classic forum bought one found in a scrapyard mid last year,a nice cream mk1,bit rough underneath(now restored)and totally complete,one owner before going to the yard for the last 20 years,think he paid about £1500-2000 for it ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 02:39:24 PM »
Yes, he gave us a running commenatry on his part restoration then I think he tired of it and part ex'ed for a normal classic car. Was the forum you saw it on a VW one by chance?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 10:49:06 PM by Bob Purton »

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 02:58:16 PM »

What's it worth not to tell Claire?.....      ;)

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 03:05:45 PM »
Stuart, it seems you are a clever businessman  ???

Dan Rodd

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 04:22:18 PM »
nope,its a general classic forum,and as of this week it appears he still has it,although i dont agree with any of the work he has done to it,most enthusiasts would have to restore it again to get it anywhere near what it should be.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 05:48:57 PM »
Sounds like we are talking about the same car but the info I was fed over the weekend that it was sold could be wrong.

Dan Rodd

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 07:19:32 PM »
yeah its the same car Bob,info i had was from last Sunday,saying he had progressed on it,tho that could mean "i sold it"
i really didnt like the fact he got it,he is some sort of american kid who doesnt appreciate or understand british cars and their ways very well,and insisted on making his own bits that would do the job rather than using the proper parts.
I told him from the start that you have to do it properly and to original spec,or it will rapidly loose value or desireability.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 08:20:21 PM »
 This is what so annoys me of late. "He is some sort of American Kid"  Have you ever met him? Have you even spoken to him face-to-face? You just assume that by the way the words are put. He was into custon VW's, that's how their whole movement speaks.  He "doesn't understand or appriciate British cars"  He must have had some sort of appritiation to even bother looking at a Scootacar, let alone put severl hundred hours into one.  "insisted o using his own bits instead of using proper parts".  Try FINDING some of these parts yourself.....

You keep on about the values of things runing the micro world; Here you are telling him it must be "Right" or it looses its value & disrability. You can't have it both ways, either do the car up enough to be used & stuff its value, or the car is done right to make it valuble & thus unuseable.  

You don't agree with his work? well, I'm afraid I'll only take notice after you've actully restored a Mk 1 Scootacar.  I'm sorry to say this Daniel, but you really do irritate me with a lot of the stuff you tend to sprout about microcars, their owners, what they do with the cars & the values of those cars. You seem to base your entire philosipy on the Reliant world. This is not the Reliant world, but a differant universe altogether.  They do things differantly here. If you really don't like the way this world is, or how the folk are in this world, then clear off back to R3W......
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 08:28:08 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Dan Rodd

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 09:01:10 PM »
That whole message sums up my views on this forum and the microcar movement.
Yes,i talk to him on msn and on the other forum.Yes,he does have connections with America having lived there and was born in the former East Germany.

By not using the right bits, i mean using the wrong parts,all the bits that are unique to it were present and fully working,so there was no problem there,the reason i mentioned this regarding its value was because he was going to sell it,as it appears he has done.
I was not putting him down,i know him and his activities a damn sight more than you do.
Base my theorys on the Reliant world?maybe,but thats because thats a world i am part of.im into all sorts of classic machinery,but find some of the things that go on in microcar circles wierd to say the least.
There is more emphasis on possesion rather than enjoyment,so i take my hat off to anyone reading this that has restored their own cars,sourced or made their own bits,and enjoy using them and showing them,all things you dont do Stuart.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 09:04:35 PM by Dan Rodd »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 09:14:26 PM »
"either do the car up enough to be used & stuff its value, or the car is done right to make it valuble & thus unuseable. " Dont quite understand that, surely the world is full of valuable cars restored 'right' that are used all the time?