Author Topic: NMR 2006  (Read 11358 times)

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
Re: NMR 2006
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 04:55:31 PM »
Hi Stuart, so sorry to have been one of your cancellations.  Best of luck with the line-up, hope the record falls to you.  The line-up sounds very promising - please don't forget to write it up for the next RUMCar News.  Regards to all, Nick D. - known to some as Mr Patel...
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006, 09:13:16 PM »
WOW, the acedes has got a lot of chat going! As for the NMR, I cannot be there as I have a major gig at Faversham, no deps available, especially as we have been double-booked to appear at the rugby season opening double-header atTwickenham, so we are having to split the fezheads into two teams to make both gigs; not just that, but four days to do two week's work for a new museum show!
I really wish I could get along to NMCR, so I hope you lucky, lucky b's who do go have a great time!!!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2006, 03:35:28 PM »
Well folks, those who were there will know, but even in the face of SEVEN cancelations in 24 hours, and Tony's epic pileup on the M1, in which his Solocar was last seen heading down the embankment, five convayances made it to Southwell. Not quite the major resurgence I was hoping for, but the sight of the crowds swarming all over the said vehicles made it all worthwhile. Me and my dad were on the line for seven hours solid ansewing the crowd's questions, so much so than I didnt get a chance to eat anything or go to the toilet the whole day! (and those who know me will know how ofthen I have to go.....)

For the recold, the five vehicles were;

1961 Harding Consort
 1949 Argson Electric
 1952 Invacar Mk 8
 1947 Trilox Rollsette
 !970 Invacar Mk 12E

A full report will be in the winter issue.

Didn't my Harding do well, winning 3rd best metal car. To say I was surprised is somewhat of an understatement.

What won the Grot award???

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2006, 07:15:10 PM »
Congratulations Stuart, not quite the trun out you had hoped for and I am sorry to have missed the line up.  I am looking forward to seeing some pics and the report.  By the way I thought I had better set the record straight.  Poor old Tony did in fact have a rather eventful journey but not quite so dramatic as you portrayed Stu though bad enough.  Tony and Nelco Solocar on trailer were crashed into by a young driver who lost his wheels on a slippery wet road.  At one point he was racing to Tony head on but managed to correct at the last moment.  However, he over-corrected and side swiped Tony on the drivers side and ended up on the grass verge.  The trailer was badly damaged, burst the tyre amongst other things, but the Solocar survived without a scratch.  The Tony's drivers door was badly bent and could not be opened but thankfully both Tony and Lynne were un-injured and neither was the third party.  All shaken but not stirred I think is the phrase.  The trailer and Solocar were taken to a recovery depot but Tony and Lynne continued on to Southwell to arrive rather later than they had hoped.  I had all this from Tony the next day after he had picked up his Solocar from the recovery depot.  Tony doesn't seem to have much luck one way and another.  The last hicough is the fact that the computer has decided to go on strike so RUMCAR NEWS may be a little late!
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars