Author Topic: Pictures of microcar pedal cars  (Read 11804 times)

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
Re: Pictures of microcar pedal cars
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 09:49:20 PM »
these are realy good !  :o

hope the links work!
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 09:53:04 PM »
That's more like it! Superb.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 09:03:51 AM »
Dare I say that the half scale Isetta actually looks better than a Peel 50?

I like the youtube Isetta clip as the young lad has that slightly reserved look you get when Dad has really actually given his kid a present that Dad wants to play with rather than what the kid really wanted.

There are some clever people about, pity I am not one of them. I seem to major in repair rather than creation, differing skill set, though I have done a few kitcars in my time.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 09:17:30 AM »
The red Isetta is so good you have to look twice to make sure the white car isnt a giant one! :D

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 09:22:28 AM »
The red Isetta is so good you have to look twice to make sure the white car isnt a giant one! :D

Bob, are you actually sure the white Isetta isnt a giant one ??? ;) ;)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 01:01:56 PM »
Dare I say that the half scale Isetta actually looks better than a Peel 50?

I like the youtube Isetta clip as the young lad has that slightly reserved look you get when Dad has really actually given his kid a present that Dad wants to play with rather than what the kid really wanted.

Watch out for the Peel Fanciers, their hit squad is on its way!

As for the YT clip, you are BANG ON! I wanted to say something about how underwhelmed he seemed but you have phrased it perfectly: he made his son's present to please himself

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 02:55:55 PM »
that is actually his grandson.

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 03:30:09 PM »
Dear Oliver, Bruce Winer owns a Messerschmitt pedal car but its very similar to the Isetta of your Link.

http://www.microcarmuseum.com/tour/messerschmitt-pedalcar.html
http://www.microcarmuseum.com/tour/isettavelam-pedalcar.html

My personal favourite is the Pinguin pedal car made in the 1950-60s.
Always looking for everything in connection with Egon Bruetsch!!!! Photos, brochures, letters, articles, drawings ....... Also to the licenses of Bruetsch like Belcar, Avolette, Rollera, France Jet etc.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2010, 09:07:13 AM »
Watch out for the Peel Fanciers, their hit squad is on its way!

As for the YT clip, you are BANG ON! I wanted to say something about how underwhelmed he seemed but you have phrased it perfectly: he made his son's present to please himself

I found an Isetta head on my pillow this very morning!

I had a Grandad like this. He made special kites to be flown on the greensward at Frinton-on-Sea. If they failed we got the blame, I particularly recall a fine huge hexagonal box kite suffer catastrophic structural failure and getting a whallop because of it. Still I got half a crown later so I did not mind. Imagine that happening today in public! Still it is a right of passage to recieve adult male toys as kids gifts to get them past the female gestapo who would insist a new fridge is much more important - trainset, scalextric, small bubblecar, the Kim Song DIY Nuke Kit by Halbro and so on. I suggest our folks are partly responsible for our majoring in adult toys now and I feel sorry for those who actually always got exactly what they wanted as many of them end up very unhappy unstimulated adults.
I had an old J40 pedal car which was brilliant and led directly to box cart construction as it was not good enough on the unmade kids cart run. Interestingly many youngsters today cannot power them as they have not the leg muscles. Also you no longer see local unmonitored kids karts let alone ongoing competetion, even bikes are dying out. Some sort of cart/pedal car was a right of passage for boys years ago and where practicle experience was learned for the future doing man things.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2010, 09:53:05 AM »
A few years ago my brother found a plastic F1-style pedal car, old, broken and abandoned in the street. We repaired the steering and took it to Stave Hill with his children and had a great time zooming and skidding down the slope, its hard plastic wheels were great for skidding and 4 wheel drifts. Later some kids turned up with a very flash all-metal pedal Go-Kart, rack and pinion steering, suspension, fat knobbly tyres, roll-over bar...the works. They immediately joked about our rubbish thing, and how much better theirs was, and they started taking turns down the hill. It was immediately obvious that their cart was far too heavy, stable and grippy to be any fun at all. After about 10 minutes they became very friendly and started asking for goes on our cheap but great fun plastic tea tray on wheels. The parents who bought that Go-Kart must have spent a fair whack, but it was all pose and little fun.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2010, 05:38:40 PM »

Some sort of cart/pedal car was a right of passage for boys years ago and where practicle experience was learned for the future doing man things.

Wasn't that usuly some old banger up a quiat country lane somewhere where most of us learnt practical experiance for doing man things rather than our pedal cars.....    ;)

Mind you, some of us still have pedals on our cars.   ;D

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2010, 09:41:48 AM »
Mind you, some of us still have pedals on our cars.

That is true and I notice the two stabilisers have been removed so your getting there, lad. It is nearly time for you to move onto a real car - the Invacar Type 70! Burn baby burn!