Author Topic: Trojan 200  (Read 4595 times)

P50

• Prolific Poster
Trojan 200
« on: March 15, 2010, 01:53:19 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HEINKEL-TROJAN-200-BUBBLE-CAR-1963_W0QQitemZ270547093757QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item3efddd08fd

To quote...

THE CAR IS UP FOR £10K AND IS NOT OPEN TO OFFERS OR HAGGLING,

interesting....   ::)

"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Trojan 200
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 02:53:51 PM »
 Ten grand for an unregistred, uncompleted Trojan!!   :o   Cough, Splutter, Choke.....

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 04:50:23 PM »
Well one day I'm sure it will be considered a bargain. When it's £15 a litre!  

What's your "mystery car X"?  surely you're going to acquire a mainstream micro to go on the runs with and not with no disabled leanings!!?!  

footnote - obviously not a Treinkel as they seem to have doubled in value overnight!
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 05:08:43 PM »
Reserve not met.
It does look like a first class restoration, and would not take long to complete.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 08:19:59 AM »
Nice to look at but carrying non-original parts and errors in specification so no concours in the real world. Not registered, is there a chassis number and proof of ownership as it is a second person sale? I am always very careful buying from Essex, it is one of the areas with a higher than average number of dodgy cars being marketed. If you have got that far with a car why would you not finish it? Something is not right. Last one I saw like this the windscreen did not fit as the door had been restored incorrectly and painted, whoops. Price - well it is worth a try! Perhaps the ICs are to cheap, Stuart, we could put them up to £3k a throw.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 09:14:16 AM »
Yep that mirrors some of my thoughts on the Trojan and even when a restoration is assembled its not finished, then starts about a years worth of setting up and ironing out all the wrinkles. Not a problem for folk who just want to look at them.
Dodgy dealer? The old boy's selling up because he is too ill to finish it.
Thanks Alan for the slight on my home county, the bullies have been reported to the headmaster ;)

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 10:24:45 AM »
If you have got that far with a car why would you not finish it?

Classic case of 'spent too much on the restoration so far, that it greatly out ways the value of the finished product' obviously wants to recoup as much back as possible.  :-X

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 07:47:38 PM »
Dodgy dealer? The old boy's selling up because he is too ill to finish it.
Thanks Alan for the slight on my home county, the bullies have been reported to the headmaster ;)

I would find someone else to finish it if it is as assembled as represented. The differing in values should be great and pay for the labour. Illness is a bummer though.

Slight on county? My father's family came from round Ilford and Chelmsford so I am critisising my forebares home area. I am stating a hard earned lesson in economics of years of trading. Do you want a list of people who owe me money from Essex or who attempted to tuck me up, it is the longest by county?
I can add to the list of the slighted by including Luton/Watford -stuff used in film work full of cack and poorly painted with dodgy registrations, Merseyside - another part of the family came from the Wirrall, though that address area is not nearly as bad of course, Wales other than retirement areas - yep got a Welsh arm of family and the further north in Scotland you go - I have a big connection to the Johnstone clan - the worse the deal! I am not alone in this, Mike Ford, Bob the Builder, Kevin and Duff used to agree and extra care was always taken and stuff not bought unseen from those areas even from trade sources. Funnily enough places where they claim to be tight like Yorkshire are OK for bizz. Sorry if that is painfull but those are the rules I abide by unless I know who I am dealing with. Surely you find dodgy pockets in the antiques trade.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 11:04:29 PM »
Funny enough no. I have found the motor trade in general to be decidedly shifty where ever they come from. Dealing within the antiques trade we are pretty straight with each other, its probably a different story from trade to public though but I only deal in the trade, the public would drive me nuts! Talking of family and where they come from, my wife if doing my family tree and it turns out that I am black, you would never know to look at me though would you! Sure enough my great great great great granddaddy was from Clarendon Jamaica! Could be why I like hot chilly sauce. I'm sure there are plenty of dodgy dealers over there but likely in something else other than cars. Who is the headmaster anyway? :D 

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 07:53:39 AM »
Yo, Bro Purton, respec' man, that's totally sick, gimme five!

(Being Black, you will OBViOUSLY understand that!)
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 06:13:41 PM »
Sorry Marcus, you will have to translate!

Going back to the subject of bad dealing experiences , I had one today, bought another moped on ebay, went down to Worthing to collect it. You imagine you would be alright with Worthing wouldn't you! Now this is a pattern that I have experience many times, the address is on a council estate [nothing wrong with that] the person comes to the door having a skin head haircut [nothing wrong with that, I also have one!Its called baldness!] then you notice the pit bull terrier and the fact that the owner bears a strong resemblance to his dog! When ever I find that combination I always know I have made a mistake and that I have been stitched up! Twenty quids worth of petrol to pick up a £50 pill of junk!  I'm having a bad day. I'm going to start a counties rating like Alan. Thats one black mark against Sussex so far.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 06:42:11 PM »
Ooo eck I've started something now! Is this going to be a new area of the forum? RUM county reports. Worthing had not figured on my radar I have to confess. Bought a really nice Goggo from Lancing yonks ago. A Heinkel based trailer, Isetta and I think the remains of a Schmitt came from Worthing. Still bad experiences seem to be part of sniffing stuff out. Tough times.