Author Topic: Buying by accident - Larmar and Scootacar  (Read 19558 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Buying by accident - Larmar and Scootacar
« on: March 23, 2010, 10:49:56 AM »
I was not going to buy anything for a bit. Then there was a 'phone call from a chum about some cars going I used to own. So I told my buds and before you can think I have agreed to buy one of my old Larmars back as part of a shared trip. I have been reasonably keen to acquire a Larmar as they are just so strange. I have tabs on one in a mountainous region of the country but details remain sketchy and it is a part of the country I am not greatly fond of trading in. So why not have one that fell in my lap. After all I should own three Larmars really, means you are a Guru, and then have Larmar racing. It has to be the car least likely to be raced.
In the event the trip was made and my chum found that the Scootacar Mk1 he was expecting was actually a Mk2 which I also used to own. He did not want it. This created a slight prob as the deal agreed was for a pair of cars. So I drifted over to view our hosts cattle and talked farming and breeding for a bit. Pays to have an understanding of many and varied subjects. It was then agreed for a lesser price I should buy both vehicles. Hmm, the finding of money, tricky. It was managed and we had our deal except it was now mine alone. The Scootacar is actually better than I recalled so I shall keep it to restore. It has been vandalised so no glass, no lights and the mirrors have been ripped off. Once again it has an 11E. I am getting unsure that all Scootacars had 9E engines. Maybe Mk1s did. So I now need to out something for refinancing and space. Especially since I have several other local viewings to make for long stashed items of interest. I also really need to find a Mk1 Scootacar to make the pair. I am not very good at not buying things am I?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
Re: Buying by accident - Larmar and Scootacar
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 10:52:20 PM »
only Mk1's have a 9E, all MkII's came out of factory with 11E's.
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 07:56:48 AM »
Cleaned all the muck out of the Mk2 yesterday. It has a strange engine. The layout is as 11E but the plate says it is a 9E. So some history there. I will get the numbers off to Stephen shortly though he is aware of the car. I will list up what is missing, research the fittings and then start collecting the parts to rebuild the car as and when.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 07:29:13 PM »

Lets see if these pics load. One Scootacar Mk2

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 07:30:09 PM »

Lets see if these pics load. One Scootacar Mk2

Nope weird system, give up.

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 09:25:43 PM »
you will need to save the pictures to an image hosting site such as flickr.com or photobucket.com and then use the url to post to here.
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 12:10:19 AM »
...or click 'Additional options' under the area where you type your post, click 'choose file' and hey presto!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 09:25:46 AM »
Hey presto it did not work! Doing something wrong but it all looks to much hassle to be bothering with. I am not signing up for anymore sites that will send me spam. I cannot get rid of facebook as it is. These sites are a pain. What is wrong with email? I will wait for one of the guys to show me when they come round sometime. I am no good with computers.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 10:03:45 AM »
The photo's are probably too large. With a image hosts like photobucket you can reduce them down. I have never had any spam from them . Still as you say, is it worth the bother. 

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 06:45:33 PM »
Well images are of the Scootacar and Larmar which I would have shared. The Larmar is just so weird you want to look at it. Is it better than a Bamby? Well yes it is just as useless but has the benefits of being radically odd rather than just different. Now all I need is another one!!!!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 07:12:12 PM »
You can email the pics to me if you like and I will post them. bobbybubble@ntlworld.com

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 01:09:00 AM »
Well images are of the Scootacar and Larmar which I would have shared. The Larmar is just so weird you want to look at it. Is it better than a Bamby? Well yes it is just as useless but has the benefits of being radically odd rather than just different. Now all I need is another one!!!!
Lamar, Bamby or Scootacar. I love these cars. Where can i grab one ??????????????

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 01:08:00 PM »
Alans Larmar.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 01:10:34 PM by Bob Purton »

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 06:35:55 PM »
Alan, I have been told the Lamar is one that is already on the Register.  Is this correct and if so what is the Reg. and Chasis number or the Rum.No. if you have it.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 08:39:07 PM »
The Larmar cars are simply great!!  ;D

Below two further existing Larmars
Always looking for everything in connection with Egon Bruetsch!!!! Photos, brochures, letters, articles, drawings ....... Also to the licenses of Bruetsch like Belcar, Avolette, Rollera, France Jet etc.