Author Topic: Buying by accident - Larmar and Scootacar  (Read 19573 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Buying by accident - Larmar and Scootacar
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 02:23:25 PM »
"Schmitt, a hard act to beat"? Speaking as an owner and a fan I still have to disagree, brakes that fade , rock hard suspension that throws me out of the seat when a rut is encountered,  gearbox with inherant tendencies to jump out of gear, tiny wheels that find every bump, steering that you have to wrestle with to keep in a straight line [on some cars], impossible to converse with the passenger, slip off the rose coloured glasses for a second, there are many microcars that are much much better! Having said all that these ghastly traits are part of its appeal , if you want seat of ya pants fun then its got to be a Schmitt. If you need a more sedate ride which is what I'm leaning more towards these days due to health issues then there are lots of other great microcars to choose from, Isetta's, Goggo's, Frisky, Vespa 400 etc etc.

What I meant when I asked was BMC a mess was about the parts supply issue mention by Adi, I was under the impression that at least that was consistant or am I wrong?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 02:25:30 PM by Bob Purton »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Buying by accident - Larmar and Scootacar
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 05:08:18 PM »
Never lived with a Mk1 so cannot comment on handling etc. Malcolm Thomas's seemed to go well enough.

Better get a place abroad soon as if this election turns out as crap as it looks you will be killed in the rush! Mind you if you have Peels the Isle of Man is good, no VAT etc. Mulling that one over as ideal for an internet business and near enough to still be pulling in income from the UK. Pity the weathers crap. Even the cars shrink.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs