Author Topic: Events list wanted for 2011  (Read 2152 times)

Fred Australia

• Just Starting
Events list wanted for 2011
« on: April 26, 2010, 01:41:43 AM »
Would like to get dates and venue locations for micro car rallies, runs, shows etc. in UK and Europe ASAP I  know this is an early ask. Needed early to plan itinerary and make an early-bird flight bookings for June July Aug & maybe Sep 2011. Thanks Fred  ::)

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Events list wanted for 2011
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 02:43:04 PM »
you want dates for events that are more than a year in advance?

::)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 07:44:04 AM »
Well some of our dates are traditional so at least a guess can be made. Bath is always same weekend. MOC bash, MEC tend to be the same weekend. The problem is one can never be 100% certain. More to the point the big events are not organised with long enough lead times and therefore we never get a premier venue to which we really should look now the cars are recognised classics and can command such. The events hardly ever feature in the various media backed event diaries produced as it all happens to late and in a dispursed way leaving enthusiasts to find the events rather than placing them into the public domain to inspire new folk to attend.  Bruce, Ken and co in America advertise their events well in advance as they want the max turn out from the world not a max turn out from Coventry plus a few people who had a free weekend that month. So for the National Rally and celebratory events I think Fred's question is right on the button and the fact it cannot be answered shows a problem within microcar circles here, partly related to the fractal nature of the club structure over one overall club/organisation, which cramps expansion. I myself am looking at other areas of activity as I am fed up of standing in fields in the middle of nowhere looking at 50 cars most of which I have seen before. I enjoy the people but half of them hide in campers most of the day now. I notice the move toward fizzies etc elsewhere. For me it might well be an Alvis and tours though I would be the first to admit I have yet to get to a Maniacs/Scots microcar touring event which hits the spot for use of the cars. However the show days are rooted in the '70's style and not greatly appealing unless you are really keen or own a girt campervan. The newer wealthier owners are just not going to turn up in any numbers so the thing fictionalises even more. I looked at answering the issue in several ways but found mainly obstacles put in the way so I think it is time to do other things that are more productive.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 07:53:17 AM »
Hi Fred, I can understand you having to plan ahead for 2011, Australia is a long way to come to a rally from!

The National rally is normally held in September, venue to be decided, and if we are lucky Jean has a go open day/week end in July. At the end of the year November Ray & Jenny Dilks normally organises an excellent Micro stand at the NEC Classic car show it won an award last year!

I hope this helps you start planning your itinerary and look forward to meeting you when you are over here

john