Author Topic: Drive It Day & the bringing home of the Bamby  (Read 7968 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Drive It Day & the bringing home of the Bamby
« on: April 28, 2010, 03:45:23 PM »
 So, what did everyone else do for Drive iIt Day this year? The date being Sunday 25th April for those needing reminding. For me & Alan, you could say our contribution (48 hours earlier) was the triumphant bringing home of the Bamby from Wales.I'll not tell too much of the story behind my Bamby itself here, as an article detailing such has just gone in to Tony for the next RCN, but until then, here are a few pictures to get you all in the mood....   :) 

Remember that Red Zastava on eBay in Wales just recently? It was sat directly to our left in the above picture, just out of shot...

"The biggest, Spotty dog you ever did see"   :)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Drive It Day & the bringing home of the Bamby
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 05:04:48 PM »
It looks lovely Stuart! If Sunday was tow it day you would have scored point. The Essex dodgy dealers drove there cars to Epping forest cafe to show them off. I look forward to reading the article and see the Bamby in the flesh.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 05:42:39 PM »
Sadly I was too busy to even get the covers off DUF.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 09:23:45 PM »
Is there still a Forest at Epping or has someone nicked it? If so it ought to be called Where's the Epping Forest?

Completely forgot it was Drive it Day. No one took up my offer to go to the main event at Bishopstone just down the road here, using the parc ferme, so there was minimal interest from micronauts in the south central area to drive It or anything else I think. About right it seems for these days. It was take Bamby home day actually.

Bought a Heinkel and Mini from Wales yesterday with Marc the Shark. Nobel moving before, couple of pics might be put up, that plus a look at scooters and purchase of a few parts to bring home across the bridge as well. Both Nob and Heinkel are already sold so only here for clean up with my acting as transport. Off to look at a raft of stuff tomorrow with the prospect of buying three trikes of an, as yet, unknown brand but interesting prices. There is stuff coming out of the woodwork at the moment and with the Estate finally beginning to come into focus I find I have more money to invest in crap as I cannot buy a plot I wanted extra. With no one wanting to come out to play I am happy doing some minor shifting of machines and bits as I love all that. Mini up for grabs once I have fettled it. However with lack of playmates I am wondering why I have some of the cars I own as they look like never getting used.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 09:04:15 AM »
Yep, Epping forest is still there. Its a little dug up by folk with fibreglass detectors looking for all the Peel Tridents reputed to be buried there!

barchetta

• Chatty
  • ready for a road run summer 2006
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 10:06:03 AM »
went on an arranged run from central norwich to the Carleton Coleville East Anglian transport museum near lowestoft ,had a ride in an old electric tram,,,,plently of torque there for fast start,on displayin the museum a Harding invalid carriages 715 TLG, a piaggio truck and a large three wheel Scammel I beleive.A two day event ,well attended especially on the sunday ,not many micro's attended, an NSU prinz 4 was in the visitors display area
Fiat 500L ,Motobecane 40T & 51V ,Victoria Vicky 117,Trojan Mini-motor,, Honda p50 ,PC50 and NF75, BSA Bantam D10,Raleigh Wisp,Raleigh RM4 ,Garelli Katia and Eurika,

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 12:46:42 PM »
If the Scammell was square and boxy it is probably a "Mechanical Horse" (not Mechanical Elephant!). If the front is a beautiful curvy pointed beak shape, then it is a Scarab. It could also be a later Townsman, fibre-glass (often yellow) and more  of a "stealthy" Reliant look. I share Tony Marshall's love of Scarabs, it was always part of the fun of a trip to London to see them beetling about all over the place. An incredible design for freight yards: cab and trailer can turn 180ยบ within their own length, like Bonds. Unusual, 3 wheels (on the cab at least) and much smaller than normal trucks, so an honourary micro-car in my book!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 12:02:32 AM »

Bought a Heinkel and Mini from Wales yesterday with Marc the Shark. Nobel moving before, couple of pics might be put up...

... and here it be.  An ideal playmate for a certain Bamby. Perhaps

And as some folks might have spotted in Dave's post above, the Harding, 715 TLG up at the EATM, is of course my old Harding Consort.  :)

barchetta

• Chatty
  • ready for a road run summer 2006
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »
The Harding is parked just inside an old 1950's 'garage' with all the old tools etc displayed. Its in good conditon, I didn't get a chance to ask the volunteers if it even gets a run around,  Definitely for those disabled in the leg department ,looks like you need three arms to drive the thing!
Fiat 500L ,Motobecane 40T & 51V ,Victoria Vicky 117,Trojan Mini-motor,, Honda p50 ,PC50 and NF75, BSA Bantam D10,Raleigh Wisp,Raleigh RM4 ,Garelli Katia and Eurika,