Author Topic: Nutshell caravans  (Read 12833 times)

Kitty76

Nutshell caravans
« on: May 09, 2010, 02:07:43 PM »
Hi all,my first post!

Im seeking out as much info as i can find on the Nutshell and Raleigh folding micro caravans as i can,as i would love to own one,but knowing my chances of finding one are not great,would like to make a replica.

Knowing that many Bond owners have them or have had them i was hoping that some people on here might have some info on them.
Basically im looking for any photos,brochures,documents,dimensions etc etc that you might have that you might post on the forum for me?or any recollections of them etc.

Ive scoured the internet and drawn a bit of a blank.

thanks for reading this

Dan

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Nutshell caravans
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 02:20:32 PM »
 Here Kitty, Kitty....   ;)

Possibly the most prominant owner of a Nutshell is the Big Cheese of Bond's himself, Stan Cornock. Certainly he was still using it regularly at Bond do's up until a few years ago at least. Thus my first port of call would be he, at  bondownersclub@sky.com   Elsewhere, there is always the Period & Classic Caravan Club & the Historic Caravanning & Camping Club (I think its called).... 

Kitty76

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 02:24:57 PM »
i did email Stan last week and he said he had no information on them which i thought strange.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 02:39:12 PM »
hi kitty
one new member to another. i have a caravan .raleigh i think, they are very similar. i was given it some time ago by mie shepherd of this parish. his phone call must, or should have  gone, something like this. i have a micro caravan u can have for free - but this has no wheels. it also needs a new floor 4 new sides and a new roof !!! no joking all the panels are there but a bit threadbare , i found correct stub axles a and flexitor units at the tip a week later i bought all new ply sheets and i have tyres. by the way i was told many years ago but either raleigh or nutshell used a plastic baby bath , cut in two ,for the mudguards - this i have too. i do INTEND to put it all together one day.
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Kitty76

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 02:46:32 PM »
Hi dickie,what a co-incidence!
If you decided to sell it as it is i would be more than happy to give you a fair price for it,ive been looking for one for years!
regards,
Dan
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 02:58:42 PM by Kitty76 »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 03:07:02 PM »
hi dan
not yet sure if i want to part with it as yet but would consider . where are you i am wirral merseyside0151-632-4239
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Kitty76

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 03:17:56 PM »
Hi, im in Worcester, my number is 07933915000,i am very interested in it if you would part with it,it would be fully rebuilt and well loved and used(i put the caravan behind the micro,not in front ;D

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 04:04:48 PM »
will have a think about it- and keep your number. talking about it has actually revived interest a bit !

Kitty76

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 05:33:57 PM »
Thanks for that,
Anyone else have any info or pictures,as im really keen to get hold of one soon :)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 07:06:38 PM »
Kitty,  There is a Register of Microcaravans run by Steve Pepper at www.steve-pepper.co.uk.  I am sure he will be able to provide you with more information.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 07:39:50 PM »
Sorry. try a more complete website address
www.Steve-Pepper.co.uk/IROM/welcome.html    Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Kitty76

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 08:19:14 PM »
Thanks Jean,i did email Steve in the week but he didnt really have any information for me,so far Rumcars has been the most helpful,if only i could get Lightweight Dickie to part with his,id be more excited to have one than a Peel lol

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 10:23:30 PM »
didnt  know u had one to swap . i would CONSIDER a Peel  :D

Kitty76

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 10:43:42 PM »
if i had a peel i wouldnt be looking for a 50 year old fold up caravan lol ;D
really,really really would love to buy your Raleigh tho Richard :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 10:50:57 PM by Kitty76 »

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2010, 10:37:28 AM »
didnt  know u had one to swap . i would CONSIDER a Peel  :D

Look at this, although its not a camper