Author Topic: Selling my Messerschmitt  (Read 22299 times)

Kitty76

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
Re: Selling my Messerschmitt
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 08:32:03 PM »
no Bob's is earlier and yellow.
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 08:49:18 PM »
And cheaper!  £13.500
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 08:59:35 PM by Bob Purton »

Kitty76

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 08:54:28 PM »
ahh how pretty,thats the one ive got in a magazine feature from a few years ago.i thought it looked nicer than the other one advertised :)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 09:00:41 PM »
Why thank you Kitty! Do you want to buy it?

Kitty76

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 09:32:04 PM »
i couldnt afford the dome,let alone the rest of it lol ;D

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2010, 09:34:52 AM »
The white Schmitt for sale is increadably late production judging by the chassis number, about last year! It is also RHD which I have never seen before. Very rare, Gerald - TVR joke - . In fact a typically missleading Essex advert, I'll put my car in the garage I am so keen to follow that up. Bob's car looks a bargain compared to that as we have seen it work.

I am into Schmitts and I cannot afford a dome either! The price of spares is spiralling into putting the cars off the road. I only persist as I got my stuff when it was cheap otherwise I would not bother. There is plenty of cheaper cars that offer as much fun if you can live without being the centre of attention.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2010, 09:23:05 AM »
On behalf of someone else - any interest in a Tri Tech in a deal? He has not enough money for an outright purchase. The car would be ideal for him.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:40:28 AM by Bob Purton »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2010, 10:21:24 AM »
Dear Thread bare

Having just read your recent piece regarding a Tri Tech I was left wondering what version of English it was written in.

"Any interest in a Tri-tech in a deal". I was OK with the beginning and then became confused at the end. I assume that you are asking if anybody is interested in buying a Tri-tech , but what does "in a deal" mean. Does this mean that you would consider a swap for another vehicle or cash offers.

The next sentence did not help me " He has not enough money for an outright purchase". Does this mean that you own a Tri-Tech and somebody would like to buy it from you, but does not have enough money, and is looking for somebody to lend him the money, or he has baught it and now finds he can not pay for it so needs to sell it to pay off the finance, or he wants to share the vehicle with somebody in a similar position whereby they both own the vehicle.

The final sentence confused me further " The car would be ideal for him" I assume that the person who owns the car and wants to sell it, is keen to get rid of it as soon as possible, or the person who wants to buy it would find the vehicle ideal and will dominate the use of the vehicle,

I am all for brevity but not at the expense of  clear English. May I have a translation of your item.

Chris Thomas
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:41:31 AM by Bob Purton »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2010, 01:11:40 PM »
Yep! I could make neither head nor tail of it either!

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2010, 07:23:21 PM »
i guess the tri-tech owner would like to do a part exchange on Bob's schmitt?
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2010, 07:34:23 PM »
Oh! Thats what it means.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2010, 07:56:02 PM »
  The thread topic is selling Bob's Messerschmitt is it not? Thus question, qualification and statement. Sorry if that was not clear, left handed brain on overdrive as it often is. It works far faster than the right side which is the bit that lives in the world with everyone else. I am often in trouble for left brainism. It is very lateral in action and not always easy to follow.

Therefore to re submit -

I have a chum who owns and runs a yellow 250cc Honda Tri Tech . Anyway fellow wants to own a real Messerschmitt now as there is an Oxfordshire Microcar cell that looks like forming.
  Bob has a Messerschmitt for sale. Chummy has not got enough money to buy such a car without selling his Tri Tech although Bob's car is exactly what he should really be looking for as he has not the skills to build a car up nor do a restoration. I have not the time to be drawn into doing a car for him as I have a load of stuff of my own to sort out. Therefore the proposition of the Tri Tech forming part of a purchase deal of Bob's KR200 looked to be an option should Bob have an interest in such a device. Probably unlikely but it was worth my asking on Nick's behalf.
  I do not own this car of course and really have no interest other than in helping out. My motivation is really to not be asked to do a restoration. As to the car being for sale, I imagine it could be bought outright if you are interested but it is early days and no move has yet been made to market the car so I do not have a price. Therefore the option exists for you to be the first suitor since you are clearly interested in the car. I can tell you it has modified front suspension. No idea on how it was financed or how desperate he is to sell/swap it. Clearly the idea of having a real Messerschmitt he can use with those of us locally who have roadworthy Microcars is the prime issue that has been stated. However his motivation for selling is irrelevant to the basic question which is if Bob, or another 'Schmitter, is interested in part exchanging a Messerschmitt.

I have now found another possible Messerschmitt for him to buy which might well be a part exchange deal so the window of opportunity might pass shortly. Last message said he is worried about selling the TT and then being left without a Microcar for the season - well that kind of goes with the territory really but an ideal world sometimes exists. My gift is to find it for him, I guess.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:43:10 AM by Bob Purton »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2010, 01:16:40 PM »
The schmitt is now sold. Thanks to those who inquired. Sad but must now look ahead to a new era of bubbling the Isetta. Will post some pics of it later.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2010, 08:54:44 AM »
So your now Beeming! Good 'Schmitts do not hang around long. I put someone onto it but I bet he has not 'phoned yet.

Meanwhile I have regained a KR175 in the stable of shagged 'Schmitts. Can I interest you in such. Ideal for spinal complaints!