Author Topic: Selling my Messerschmitt  (Read 22260 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Selling my Messerschmitt
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2010, 09:45:32 AM »
cannot claim any credit for primrose Bobs schmitt but i owned it for a couple of years in basket case condition . i well remember taking a truck to collect it , my brothers construction company ,what are they 5 ton tippers - anyway big ! i love those trips to collect cars or motorcycles . i can remember every one of them . it always seems to be several hours and maybe 100 miles each way . nearly always a basket case for me and do you remember that stop half way home when you climbed in the back to drool over what you had bought . that would still of course be before the reality set in !anyway i was thrilled with the schmitt but it was not on a v5 and i became very disillusioned with the MOC who were incredibly unhelpfull in reclaiming the number which i had the plates for .i got the impression that if i hadnt owned a scmitt for at least 25 years they wouldnt help at all . i will never forget the 3 or 4 snobs that i came across , but will mention no names, they were a disgrace to the classic car world  . feeling that if messerscmitt owners were like that i just wasnt interested ( i had by that time been on the Heinkel Trojan OC for some years so was no new boy ! )  i  came across a neglected and very forlorn Brutsch at a local car show - it had been a static display on a trailer for 10 years behind a mark III jag . a weird combination , the car had never been off the trailer ! Terms were agreed and i sold the scmitt , indirectly to Bob , and bought the Brutsch in exchange . never regretted the decision but i do envy Bob s restoration job and the 12 years he had with the car. meanwhile i have made little progress with the Brutsch at all ! Bob incidentally was helped by the MEC in reclaiming his number i believe. i do have a photo of the messerscmitt in baskets and will post it when i can find it 
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2010, 11:20:57 PM »
Yep, the MOC official dismissed me out of hand saying it was not possible. The MEC chap took a very different attitude and help me reclaim the number. I think the best thing for you to do now Richard is hand over the Brutch and let me sort it out. Ho Ho!!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2010, 06:41:22 AM »
very kind of you to offer to do a restoration for me - i didnt know you cared  :D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2010, 08:01:45 AM »
No problem Dickie, just dont expect it back when it's finished! ;D ;) ;)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2010, 09:19:14 PM »
Bob you need a lesson in desiring odd vehicles , like someone else did eh  ;) , tomorrow for your delectation i will post pictures of the interior of the Brutsch and be assured it will make you very happy that you have a new Isetta , watch this space !

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2010, 09:22:50 PM »
tomorrow for your delectation i will post pictures of the interior of the Brutsch and be assured it will make you very happy that you have a new Isetta , watch this space !

start a new topic when you do it though please.

(looking forward to Brütsch fotos!)