Author Topic: Nutshell or Raleigh caravan wanted  (Read 6834 times)

Kitty76

Nutshell or Raleigh caravan wanted
« on: May 14, 2010, 04:37:36 PM »
Nutshell or Raleigh caravan wanted,any condition,rough and in bits or nice,wanted by genuine enthusiast who will love and cherish it and actually use it as originally intended,for camping in. :)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Nutshell or Raleigh caravan wanted
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 09:36:47 AM »
But which do you like best. The Nutshell is great but the Raliegh has that pre reliant name. FIGHT! - Harry Hill.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Kitty76

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 11:40:03 AM »
well thats the thing isnt it!amazingly ive found details of 4 current owners,none of which want to sell them sadly.
Im not fussed which one,either would be fantastic,but of course the Raleigh is as close as i could get to a Reliant caravan,which would be brilliant ;D

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 08:13:37 PM »
Might it not be easier and quicker to just make a new one?

Apart from them hairy-dynamic mudguards, it looks like simple ply work to me. 

Andrew

Kitty76

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 08:18:27 PM »
Thats what im probably going to have to do,but i have no dimensions,only a couple of pictures and virtually no info on them :'(

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 09:01:59 AM »
as previous look at at the cut in half baby bath mudguards   -  surely a bubble connection there from the outset
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Kitty76

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 04:50:47 PM »
if anyone has or sees one for sale i will go up to £500 for a project/rough one :)

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 07:43:32 PM »
Hi Dan
            My one cost me £600 18 years ago - you are living in the land of nod if you think you can buy one for £500 - I suppose you might find a fool to sell you one for the money you are offering - Have you considered the top speed of the Nutshell - because it's made out of very thin ply the reccomended top speed is around 40 mph - the same speed of the bikes and the bond's ( and bubblecars ) that used to tow them - not for motorway use or 70 mph reliants.
                                                                                                                                                                                 Mike

Kitty76

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 09:17:41 PM »
i was just going by the prices for the 5 i found for sale in the old bond info mags,which ranged from £175 for a wreck to £600 fully done,this was round 1999.

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 09:53:13 PM »
Hi Dan
           I wish we could all go back to the years micros were cheap - my first car I had given me because in those days you used to leave your abamdoned car at the side of the road and the council used to pay the scrap man 7/6 to remove it to the scrap yard - that car is worth approx £6,000 now, my first bubble car a Heinkel was £35 fully working and I went to the 1976 bubble car rally in it. What do you think will be the collectors cars of the future?
                                                                                                                                                                                       Mike

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 10:23:16 AM »
It would be interesting to know what the permisable towing weight of the Relaints 3 and 4 wheeled and 875 are. There used to be a guy who towed a Portafold with his 875. I think Portafolds might be cheaper as they do not have the Bond connection. Having a small caravan/trailer will perhaps flush out a Nutshell etc.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Kitty76

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 11:10:11 AM »
max towing weight for a kitten is 406kg,robin/rialto around 350kg.however these are halved if the trailer is unbraked.