Author Topic: Bond 875s  (Read 3292 times)

Kitty76

Bond 875s
« on: May 16, 2010, 05:54:39 PM »
Hi all

Bond 875s.
anyone on here owned one/have one? something ive always fancied owning,but ive only ever seen 2 in the flesh and certainly havent been or sat in one.
I know they are generally unloved but that suits me fine!
Anyone know of one available?
Just looking for anyones recollections of them etc

Dan

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Bond 875s
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 07:47:42 PM »
You should have a word with Adrian Polley, He has been driving one for years.  Send me a personal message if you want his email.    p.s.  No offence intended KItty over disagreeing with you over the TG matter, opinions will differ and this is a forum where its ok to air them. What part of the country are you from?

Kitty76

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 07:53:32 PM »
no probs Bob,i agree with you on every point you make,sadly my friends were i think duped as to what their intentions were,thinking that they were just going to be interviewed about their cars,where really they were just a prop.
what was funny tho is clarkson was expecting the stereo typical reliant owner,90 yrs old,flat cap etc etc,he got nothing of the sort haha.

Im near Droitwich,Worcestershire.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 08:17:30 PM »
Or is Worcestershire near Droitwich!

Bond 875, the totally none PC car really. There is no way it could be made now. A GRP trike with ali bulkhead with camberised steering assembly bolted through it. Any failure, puncture or crap in the road the steering comes out of the car. Not to worry though as if you drive on the throttle the front wheel is rarely on the ground anyway since the detuned Imp engine is still far to powerfull and there is no weight to hold the front of the car down. It handles, well, handles is probably to strong a description really. It can go round corners. The build quality is poor. It looks pretty grim too. Do not think about it buy one! It is a totally barking mad machine and costs no money to own. No one will believe what your 875 can do once you have mastered it's weirdness. It will eat Rolys for breakfast. If you really want fun put a 998cc engine in it as well as cement/metal in the front to hold it down. Believe me as I have had them and I was the one who rescued Martin Surgisson when he was literally blown off the road on the Cotswolds passing a gateway on the A40.

There is one for sale in Newport just across in Wales for next to no money. Wants some work, most do. He has a Kitten too, plus a dead Bond Bug or two. Sounds like the man for you.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Kitty76

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 08:20:33 PM »
Newport isnt too far,and i have a man who can with a recovery wagon,any more details? ;D
Ive had 18 Reliants but not a Bond,and as i like to use my cars as much as possible,a minicar doesnt appeal.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 08:22:05 PM »
Ah, no where near Adrian then , he is a Dagenham boy.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 09:04:12 PM »
Probobly best to email me direct, alanbubblecars@hotmail.com, and I will put you in touch. I think few use 875s regularly. Worth having the cantacts even if they are a step away. Mick Stacey runs BOJ the van still I believe. The prize is to find a Two Strokes version with extras fitted.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Kitty76

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 10:51:34 PM »
Thanks Bob for the email address,ive sent Adrian an email.Alan,you should have one too.
Im seriously considering swapping from Reliants to an 875,but need as much help and support as i can get,at least they arent expensive to buy lol

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 03:51:02 PM »
you want locking up friend ! i thought most of us had weird fancies but  " wanting one for years " a bond 875 ? you say you have never seen one or been in one ! you really must see someone ! surely if you wanted one you would go to the NMCR surely theres usually at least one , Bond National rally one or two , Bond Info monthly usually will have one for sale some months even two !! they have a following and there are loads of enthusiasts  and guess where you will find them IN THE BOND OWNERS CLUB ! get a grip you flit from one weird i,dea to another more than most of us do , and thats a lot . Last week it was a similar story with the Nutshell , always wanted one but you dont really know what you want do you ? when i joined i saw the plea for help i responded one new member to another and you actually went along with all that - you never said that you had changed persona . i am glad i still have the nutshell better have a nutshell that let a nutcase have it ! l
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977