Author Topic: Fiat Amigo 900t  (Read 14972 times)

Mark

• Just Starting
Fiat Amigo 900t
« on: May 17, 2010, 05:43:31 PM »
I realise describing this as a micro car is stretching it a bit but it may hold interest to some so I thought I'd post it here too
Model: Fiat 900t AMIGO
Year: 1979
Mileage: 40,000
Tax: 2 Months
MOT: 12 Months
Price: 2,000

Additional Information:
1979 Fiat 900t amigo camper van.
I bought this van last year with big ideas but as ever they came to nothing.
The van had running issues and needed tyres but with a lot of asking on forums and tinkering I've finally got it running right and now has a fresh MOT.
Body wise it's not perfect but is far better than most and whilst it'll need some of the bubbles seen to I'd expect it to pass the next few MOT's with little trouble.
Good bits and extras
Double bunk below, child bunk and one single (well over 6 foot) bunk in the roof Which doesn't leak.
Two burner hob and grill with sink and hand pumped cold water.
Cupboard space and under bed storage.
Kenlowe hot start.
Good clean original interior (see pics).
Mk 6 cosmic slots ( with the correct PCD, security nuts and almost new directional tread tryes )
The original steel wheels and metal fiat centre caps
The body was wax oiled ( or similar ) and the underside undersealed and is in remarkable condition.
Bad bits
Mainly the paint to be honest, it's had a not to clever repray in the past, the door bottoms have been repaired, as have some of the guttering and the engine lid.
There's a little bubling on the arches and around some of the windows but nothing major.
It polishes up really well and looks good on the road only showing most faults close up.
All in all it's a clean van thats ready for use ( you could even camp in it on the way home if you plan your journey carefully ) and would be fairly easy to sort the body and give it a good paint job to make near perect.
Looking for 2k but will consider sensible offers and may take buggy or bond bug project or road going x1/9 or other interesting project in part ex/swap.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Fiat Amigo 900t
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 06:14:48 PM »
 I don't suppose by any chance this is reg. number WPE 599S ?  Being the identical Fiat 900 camper we had in the early 1990s & sold in 1992 to an old couple in Kidlington after it stripped its rear driveshaft in darkest south Wales (very intresting holiday that was!) Not to mention the blocks of wood ours had behind the front bumper & the broken Zastava door handle on the side door.  :)

Mark

• Just Starting
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 08:18:18 AM »
Sadly not I'm afraid.
Sounds like it served you well though.

Mark

• Just Starting
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 08:39:26 AM »
Now sold thanks.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 08:57:13 AM »
Well done - I was going to say nice alloy wheels but not the camper for me! I have some new old stock spares for these vehicles and other Fiats 600/750/800 127 etc.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 10:58:55 AM »
1987, yep one of the last aircooled imports, Fiat 126 FSM is nearing completion. Remarkable original non rusty condition after 16 years dry storage. Engine is sweet as you like and it has cleaned up well. Why did Root not buy it when it first turned up. It is a little Bobby dazzler now. Awaiting MOT and V5C and it can be sold.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 11:23:43 AM »

Why did Root not buy it when it first turned up.

Too Normal. Too big!   ;)   Besides, I've had one of those already....    :D

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 08:25:09 AM »
Your not Houdini reincarnated are you? Root will now get out of a 1/2 scale Pingeworfe Dingletwat without the aid of anything other than beans. Not small enough? I use it as a choke to stop the van rolling away! To normal? It's styled after the aerodynamically successful AWS Shopper! It is only normal because they made 5 million of them, damn, thats more common than a Mini. Well if it were a normal 126 it would be full of holes so it is abnormally normal. Had one before? Does not stop you eating Mars Bars. Mind you I have had a 126 before too which is why I want to sell it not drive it. Curses, he has seen through my cunning plan. Will Root find a car small enough to be a comfortable vest and store under the tractor? You never know!